PDA

View Full Version : "Not just a girl..."

Kaeleigh1
05-12-2013, 06:58 AM
Fabulous site that will make you feel great and make you smile. Be sure to read the captions.

http://www.jaimemoorephotography.com/2013/05/09/not-just-a-girl/

Antoinettesmith
06-14-2013, 02:53 AM
That is really a great website you got out there..i think you did a great job posting out here..the pictures of the couples were just superb..thanks a lot for sharing them.

daBaroness
06-14-2013, 03:11 PM
I have tears streaming down my face as I type this. This is SO amazing, uplifting, encouraging, creative, brilliant, awe-inspiring and visually beautiful. It has stirred emotions in me from my own childhood in an era where as a young female, we were told we could be teachers, nurses, secretaries or mommies. In the midst of those formative years came the feminine revolution - which was long overdue, but difficult to process because while it was inspiring to think we could become whatever we could dream; the world was not ready, nor were we a women, for such a swift paradigm change. Some things changed swiftly - much to our confusion and in some ways very damaging - the sexual revolution ... we were free to experiment, have various partners, etc., but the teachings and judgements of our elders did not change - and many of us found ourselves feeling ashamed of ourselves for behaviors that were still not accepted in the real world. In terms of our careers, things changed far slower, and we still haven't reached earnings equity with our male counterparts. And I've watched the overall values, morals and integrity of our society deteriorate to the point I think we're very lost right now. So I applaud you for showing in such a poignant way how the feminine revolution really should have played out for all of us. You have given your daughter a great gift. You have reminded me of the great gifts I have received from my female role models - most of them members of my own family. I still believe our greatest gift as women is our hearts - our compassion, our putting ourselves in the shoes of others, of thinking of how our actions and words affect those around us and those to come. Your gift to your daughter has gifted me today and I don't know how to thank you enough to making my day, for capturing my imagination and of rekindling my spirit. God bless.

The_Red_Lass
06-17-2013, 09:09 PM
I saw this a couple of times via fb. It really truly is a beautiful set of photos. The sort of thing that your child will look back on years later as a senator or president and smile.

One of my friends did something really neat for his daughter's first birthday. he made her the star of an alien movie "Attack from Planet Poopy Diaper." It was the most awesome thing ever!