PDA

View Full Version : Has Facebook Taken Over??

Molly The Pirate
09-17-2013, 09:48 PM
I realize while I post this that I have fallen victim to the book of faces as well... but DANG. Is this site really THIS DEAD? I miss being able to get on here and talk to wenches from all over. Is there any way to bring people back to the forums? :( Come on, ladies!! I need some friends!

MillieWylde
09-18-2013, 12:12 AM
*cups hands around her mouth and shouts* HELLOOOOOO.... *then listens for the echoes to start*

I'm guilty of getting swamped by RL and failing to sign on here for a long time. Making an effort to get back in the swing of it now, even if it's just to read what's been posted by others most of the time. I, too, miss reading of and chatting with all of the lovely ladies of the Forums!

Morgan Ravynswood
09-18-2013, 02:09 AM
I do check on here every few days. I also try to post things for our local here, as some of the ladies in the local aren't on FB. I do miss the hey-day. It seems that after some people were banned, things kinda took a down turn...

Molly The Pirate
09-18-2013, 03:05 AM
i must be way out of the loop because i didnt know that any certain people had gotten banned? i really miss being able to talk to people on here. i was on the Privateers forum for a while, but it seems like that one died a long time ago too. i'm part of my local on FB, and a few years ago i tried to track down people i talked to on here (thank god that paid off or i wouldnt know other wenches existed anymore). but now, i feel like we are all missing out on something wonderful. it makes me sad :( i feel like FB really only connects me to the people in my local, and not the huge network of ladies that this forum had gathered. FB may be easier, but it is also a lot less personal to me.. especially concerning the IWG. FB is a place for anyone and everyone... this forum is a place for us. its just so much more close knit between people on here than it is to me on FB. hopefully people will realize what they are missing and come back.

Buxom Wench
09-18-2013, 09:58 AM
I'm on here every day, checking to see what's going on and keeping people updated on my health issue with Lyme disease. I know Facebook has pretty much destroyed the old boards but, there are a few of us that have stayed and get to chat once in a while. I tried to go through FB for a local but, it was just not the same. As has been siad, it's more geared for each local than the IWG as a whole. Unfortunately, as with most things, it goes in cycles. Some days , there's a lot to see and others, you could walk knee deep in the cobwebs of yeasteryear. There is a "general" FB page for the IWG... https://www.facebook.com/groups/wenchguild/ although I don't get there often so am not sure how active it is.

Phoenix McHeit
09-18-2013, 03:07 PM
I try to check in here every few days too. The general IWG FB page is crazy slow. While I like and am grateful for my local's FB presence, I miss the ability to chat with ANY wench no matter her local. I've 'met' some fabulous gals that way, ones whom I'd never have contact with in person.

Bean
09-23-2013, 04:48 PM
Whenever I'm on my laptop I check in. I use my phone so much that I don't use the laptop much anymore, but with the new job/career I'll probably be using it more. Every once in a while there are 3 of us in the office and only 2 computers so I take mine to work sometimes. I also miss the activity, and when we used to do live chats.

Psyche
09-24-2013, 02:21 PM
I will be checking in more. I totally confess I am on FB far more than anywhere else anymore.

DoņaNina
09-30-2013, 03:10 PM
Definitely guilty. I come back every few weeks but the place seems dead. :( It's nice to see some of the ladies at PA Renn Faire, though.

Phoenix McHeit
10-01-2013, 11:10 AM
It was great to see you Nina! :cheer:

GoodyTombShoes
10-01-2013, 03:24 PM
*sings* You put one foot in front of the other
I'll start but everyone else has to keep it going. I'm certain we have loads of topics, songs, thoughts and funnies to share. Let's just share them. Facebook is easy. You can broadcast to a huge audience and get a response. This forum is like a pot of sugar and water coming to boil. You have to go slow and not stir it or the candy will never come out right.
editing to add:
I'd like to see photos of wenches in wench finery doing wenchy things. I like photos of other faires, bits of info about other locals and all the good sister stuff that made me join.

Lucy
10-07-2013, 12:30 AM
Yep... I'm a sucker for FB too but I agree, I feel way less connected to the guild as a whole and this makes me sad

Calico Bonn
10-07-2013, 01:21 AM
I'm just as guilty of FB addiction......::joust::

Phoenix McHeit
10-07-2013, 11:15 AM
So my best friend and I decided to play hooky from PARF, and we headed out to MDRF yesterday. OMG What a place! The trees! The shows! The hills and grounds! We saw Johnny Fox, howled with laughter at Shakespeare Scum (Romeo & Juliet Tag Team), and found a new favorite Duo (Trio? ) The Danger Company. Only caught the last bit of Puke & Snot but must return to catch the whole show! Food was very tasty with great portion sizes, decently priced.

Not a whole lot of playtrons, (i.e. I saw very few garbed folks, and I didn't see a single other wench or rogue pin) but the place was full. But it never felt like we were being herded along a cattle chute. Wide open swathes, beautiful scenery, and Oh the Architecture! I am absolutely enthralled with your lovely faire, and most definitely will be back!

I feel so refreshed and grounded now. I knew I missed PARF's trees but I guess I didn't realize just how much. The treeeeeeeeeeees!!!! ::clappin:

Gonna X-post to the MD local page too. They should see this too. :smile:

Bean
10-08-2013, 10:40 PM
Arggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!! You should have called me I would have met you there!!!!!

Vixynne Rose
07-24-2014, 09:52 PM
::tiptoes in::

::curtain:

:hi:
Hello, wenchsisters!
:grouphug:

::tiptoes out::

Buxom Wench
07-25-2014, 06:30 AM
:hi: Hi Vixy!

Vixynne Rose
07-25-2014, 05:22 PM
:hi: Hi Vixy!

The forums are kinda...empty, aren't they? :sorry: Video killed the radio star, and FB is killin' the IWG boards. But faire season approacheth, so all is not lost!
Love you ladies! :hearts:

Morgan Ravynswood
07-28-2014, 08:04 PM
Hey hey! I know we are getting ready for Opening Gate in Washington. Woof! So much to do!

Lady Laurie
08-01-2014, 01:40 AM
Omg! Activity! :p Does facebook have chatrooms? Maybe we should open some there if they do have them, at least we would be talking to each other somewhere. (Even the spammers gave up, it is a little sad).

ann_cookie
08-03-2014, 10:14 AM
Yay! I joined IWG last year and was sad to see the forum so empty. Went wenching last week at the Fisherman's Village Pirate fest and we are going out this afternoon to promote our Ft Myers Beach Pirate festival that happens in October. Next stop is Sarasota Medieval Faire. I'd love to chat about your faires and what you are doing![/URL][URL="http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/"] (http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/)

Amorus Raven Ann
08-04-2014, 05:00 PM
Helloooooooo out there! Amorus Raven Ann here! Went to our opening weekend at the Washington Midsummer Renaissance Faire and had a ball! I have fallen victim to FB as well but thought I would drop a line to say hello!:hi:

Kimmy
08-12-2014, 12:05 PM
I have just registered looking for a bit more info- grew up having fun around Highland Games- skipped a decade (and more) being a "Mom" and looking to re-enter the the world of Wenching- unfortunately doesn't seem to be much info on the Forum- I'll check out the FB page; maybe with a bit more luck.:zen: