PDA

View Full Version : October 1st! The first of the "brrr" months

GoodyTombShoes
10-01-2013, 03:18 PM
This October 1st finds me vacuuming up the stinkbugs that have come out with renewed vigor, putting out some of the Halloween decorations and thinking about everything pumpkin. We still have 4 more weekends at PARF to look fabulous for and there's something grand about wearing a ruana for finale. What's on your agenda for this October 1st? (or the entire month, I'm not picky)

Buxom Wench
10-01-2013, 11:22 PM
My older daughter just finished her doctorate! She's visiting from Florida and tomorrow, we go apple picking.

Isabelle Fawkes
10-02-2013, 08:17 AM
This weekend starts the transformation of the front yard into a haunted graveyard! The weather is suppose to be perfect for outdoor activities. I can only hope...

Morgan Ravynswood
10-03-2013, 02:14 AM
I don't have many things going on this month, for once, so I am looking forward to doing some cleaning up around here, and then hunker down for the long winter.

Bean
10-04-2013, 10:37 PM
I'm busting out the Halloween decorations this weekend and then working on painting the kitchen. We started painting the downstairs about a year ago and only finished the dining room!!! I also will be relocating my bedroom to the basement "suite" since my nephew is moving out. I have to clean it and re-grout the tile in the walk in shower.

GoodyTombShoes
10-05-2013, 07:54 AM
I hadn't planned on doing any home repair type stuff until Feb but I've been told my 70 hours of vacation will have to be taken before the black out dates of Nov/Dec. the end of this month I will be putting hardwood flooring in the living room. *insert Tim Allen grunt* Power tools!

MillieWylde
10-06-2013, 05:24 PM
My plans for the month include finding an apartment or house to rent (as we don't have the savings for a down to BUY a place, as we'd prefer to) so that my husband, son & I can move out of my sister's house. It has been a ::badhair: kind of a house for the past year, here. SO GLAD my sister and I get along better than we used to!!! *deep sigh* It'll be good to have our own space again, though we are having to sacrifice location to cost, it looks like. Ugh.

Phoenix McHeit
10-07-2013, 11:05 AM
We have three birthdays to celebrate this month, plus my favorite holiday! October is always busy for us. Apples, pumpkins, cider, crunchy leaves, brisk air... *these are a few of my favorite things* :smile:

Lady Laurie
10-14-2013, 10:04 PM
My older daughter just finished her doctorate! She's visiting from Florida and tomorrow, we go apple picking. Congratulations! You must be very proud of her :)

Buxom Wench
10-15-2013, 07:38 AM
We are. She's worked very hard for this and, even with glitches in the records prolonging it, SHE MADE IT! She walks on November 16.

MaidenFaeSnow
10-25-2013, 09:32 AM
My October started with continued healing from my second ankle surgery so I haven't been able to decorate as much as I normally do. It's definitely my favorite month and we've been able to enjoy some fantastic days at Faire (both MDRF and PARF) thanks to Luna Belle my super scooter! We grew our own pumpkins this year, I LOVED watching our pumpkin patch expand and produce. Next year it will be bigger again with several new types of pumpkins being added.

I'm excited about faire tomorrow and sad that it is final weekend. Looking forward to seeing some folks we haven't seen for a while :cheer:

While October is my favorite month (11th anniversary on the 31st!) I have to say I'm just not looking forward to winter. I used to love snow...