PDA

View Full Version : November! Sliding headfirst into Winter

GoodyTombShoes
11-03-2013, 08:33 AM
Welcome to November! What's going on this month in your neck of the woods?
IRL I'm a retail worker bee and November is the time to prep for Black Friday and the hated "Gray Thursday". At home I dutifully took down all the bones and bats and now have a collection of pilgrims and turkeys on display. November is when my Emily comes home for break and I'm over the moon waiting! Since my home faire, PARF, ended I suppose I'll work on cleaning and putting away all my garb and leathers. I also have to lug out the fabric bin. End of faire means time to work on new garb and new cosplay fun.

Isabelle Fawkes
11-04-2013, 07:33 AM
Like you I am packing away all the Halloween items! My next goal is preparing for "The Feast!" My husband and I open our house to all our friends that have no place to go for Thanksgiving. I figured since I'm going to cook all the typical foods for that day I might as well feed the army I'm cooking for...LOL!

Phoenix McHeit
11-04-2013, 08:37 AM
Well usually November is the time for this household to take a breath from the madness of faire season, just relax and have our weekends back. But this year I've started my own garb and costuming business,(insert shameless plug: www.hustleandbustlecreations.com (http://www.hustleandbustlecreations.com) ) and I have a Steampunk show to get ready for. My first ever! Yeah I've done shows before, but always as a worker bee for someone else's items. This time it's my own neck on the line. I'm excited, nervous, happy, doubtful...etc, etc, etc.

First weekend: My Third has his fall play performances.
Second weekend - Celtic show in Timonium MD - worker bee for a friend.
Third weekend - Steampunk Unlimited at Strasburg RR - MY show, wheeee!
Fourth weekend - Thanksgiving.

Yup, November is busy for me, for the first time in years.

MaidenFaeSnow
11-11-2013, 12:52 PM
November for me is continued healing. Not yet full weight bearing on my ankle from second surgery in 4 years so there isn't a ton I can do, other than working on custom crochet orders (which has been keeping me busy, which is a good thing!)

Hubby is working on organizing the basement (we're finally getting everything out of boxes and into tubs for storage) and reorganizing our garb (lots of new garb for the much smaller me this year!)

I'm plotting and planning for how I will arrange my Dept 56 Dickens village this year. Got lots of new and retired buildings and accessories last year that I haven't used yet, much fun there!

Happy November!