+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So what's the point of reputation and referrals?

Grand Poohbahs Needs a Hobby webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default So what's the point of reputation and referrals?

We've already talked about how reputation works - but you may be wondering, what's the point? And what the hell is that referral business about in my profile page?

Short answer to both questions: I'm just not sure yet. Hopefully down the line, we may either do a promotion for folks with the most referrals or highest repuation (myself excluded, of course) - or we may introduce a new feature to the boards that only people with xyz referrals or rep points can access. At this stage in the game, there is no plan - but there's a good chance of us using those numbers down the line.

Certifiable Rogue Verbose Veteran Pathos is a jewel in the rough Pathos is a jewel in the rough Pathos is a jewel in the rough Pathos is a jewel in the rough Pathos's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: So what's the point of reputation and referrals?

Off topic but I really don't approve of your sig line..." Your lowly webmistress."

Change that would ya'?

;)
    Pathos - The Forgotten Musketeer!!!

"I don't have faith in faith. I don't believe in beliefs." - N.P.

Member of Local 24 Gifted with Gab mstarfire has a spectacular aura about mstarfire has a spectacular aura about mstarfire's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hear Hear!
    There's nothing lowly about you or what you do here for us.

Now if you wanted to use "fabulous web-goddess" or "web-wench", that could work
    Starfire
    AKA Maire Ni Suileabhain
    IWG #2358 Madam Cum Laude
    Local 24 & 42 - I'm the dyslexic wench
    93.4% FaireFolk Corrupt - Go me!
    Renn Vet, Merc #655, Bard #401, Nefarious #9
    Official Purveyor of Evil Comfy Slippers - Because Evil Knows Comfy (See Chair)

Lead me not into Temptation.... I give guided tours!

Cleavagenous- (not yet in dictionary - lets see what we can do) adj.-to have an abundance of cleavage

Certifiable Rogue Verbose Veteran Cyranno DeBoberac is a jewel in the rough Cyranno DeBoberac is a jewel in the rough Cyranno DeBoberac is a jewel in the rough Cyranno DeBoberac is a jewel in the rough Cyranno DeBoberac's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Pathos
    Off topic but I really don't approve of your sig line..." Your lowly webmistress."
    I just assumed that it was a typo and the "w" was meant to be a "v".

That would be far more accurate.

(No, Pathos... I don't mean "vebmistress")
    "Cut Sarah Palin a break for saying 'refudiate'. It's just her self-defecating humor."

Grand Poohbahs Needs a Hobby webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

LOL you're too funny, Cyranno

Member of Local 9 Verbose Veteran Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking Re: So what's the point of reputation and referrals?

Quote Originally Posted by webmistress
    LOL you're too funny, Cyranno
    Yes, he certainly is... but he's also one of the most astute people I know. Right on target, as they say.
    AKA The Grammar Goddess - c/o Ravin Raven
    Wench #2889 MCL... S.S.P.F. #3,Mistress of Oral Fixations... IFRP# 1194, Carpenter's Apprentice (Measurer of Wood) on The Wenches Pride,
    Lusty 'Legs' MacBoom.Mommy of the Clan"in vesta genua"
    Aww, did I just step on your poor, itty-bitty ego?(c/o Absinthe)
    PARENT is a VERB!!! Correlation: The children you have are the ones you raised Ergo: The children you have are the ones you deserve.
    I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. ~Robert A. Heinlein
    "The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it." ~Flannery O'Connor
    What's the point of havin' a rapier wit if I can't use it to stab people?~ Jeph Jacques

Downloads
    Uploads

LOL and he TOTALLY hijacked this thread

Member of Local 9 Verbose Veteran Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Technically, Pathos started it... neener neener (can you hear the schoolyard taunts?)LOL

Seriously tho - to get back on target... when one gets a 'reputation' score, is there a way to reply directly to the sender (other than thru PM) ?
    AKA The Grammar Goddess - c/o Ravin Raven
    Wench #2889 MCL... S.S.P.F. #3,Mistress of Oral Fixations... IFRP# 1194, Carpenter's Apprentice (Measurer of Wood) on The Wenches Pride,
    Lusty 'Legs' MacBoom.Mommy of the Clan"in vesta genua"
    Aww, did I just step on your poor, itty-bitty ego?(c/o Absinthe)
    PARENT is a VERB!!! Correlation: The children you have are the ones you raised Ergo: The children you have are the ones you deserve.
    I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. ~Robert A. Heinlein
    "The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it." ~Flannery O'Connor
    What's the point of havin' a rapier wit if I can't use it to stab people?~ Jeph Jacques

Downloads
    Uploads

LOL you're absoluetly right - It was Pathos. My bad.

(See, for once you're not to blame, Cyranno!)

There isn't a way to reply to them (unless you visit the thread they gave you props from and give them props for their post in it, which is still kinda roundabout.) Once it catches on a bit more, I expect reputation to be given quite often, and I don't think that it will be necessary to reply to most of them. They're really meant as a quick "thanks" or acknowldgement of a particularly helpful/poingnant post. They are post specific, so one should only give rep points to a particular post that they found to be good. (In other words, don't just give rep points because you really like someone - the points system is meant to be a reflection on their posts, not on them as people.)

Verbose Veteran Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

ummm........ *slowly raises hand*

how does one give rep points? (for all of us computer ignorant types)

BTW, kudos on the site rebuilding.
    AND I agree with Pathos, you are NOT lowly !!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information