+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Phantom of the Opera

Needs a Hobby Lis Elfwench will become famous soon enough Lis Elfwench's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Phantom of the Opera

The Broadway play is coming to my area, and I am seriously considering buying tickets. I know that the seats underneath where the chandelier 'falls' is the best place to sit, but which seats are those? I assume it's the center mezzanine area, but thought I'd ask! The theater is the Queen Elizabeth, in Vancouver, BC. Thanks!

Member of Local 69 Forum Newbie Aryiana is an unknown quantity at this point
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Phantom of the Opera

Quote Originally Posted by Lis Elfwench
    The Broadway play is coming to my area, and I am seriously considering buying tickets. I know that the seats underneath where the chandelier 'falls' is the best place to sit, but which seats are those? I assume it's the center mezzanine area, but thought I'd ask! The theater is the Queen Elizabeth, in Vancouver, BC. Thanks!
    I'm not sure about your theater specifically, however, I have seen Phantom of the Opera at the Majestic Theater in NYC about 4 times and the best place to see it there is the first Mezzanine. If you are in the orchestra section (under where the chandelier falls), there is a good chance you will miss the Phantom up in the catwalks.... There is alot that goes on up there, as well as in box 5.

Hope you do go and enjoy it!!

Aryiana
    IWG #657
    Bard #176
    Mom to wenchlet Bethany, Official Orphan of the Crimson Pirates,
    Mom to roguelet David, Pirate and Protector of the Wenches (and stand in Orphan for the CPs)
    Pirate Wench with the Brownies

Forum Freak JaqulineSavvy is an unknown quantity at this point JaqulineSavvy's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ooh, thats really good to know Aryiana. I was planning on getting tickets soon for the NYC theater, and I was planning on orchestra seats. I think I'll change that idea now. :)
    IWG
    Wench# 2724

Friend: "Aw, you're so cute when you want me to do
    something."
    Me: "Cute? You can't handle the cute! [pause] Um...Now, do me a favor...!"

"It's a hard days' wages slaving away for madmen, what I've seen in life - it takes a lot to hold my interest." - Madeleine, "Quills"

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -Sophia Loren

Verbose Veteran Margaret is just really nice Margaret is just really nice Margaret is just really nice Margaret is just really nice Margaret is just really nice Margaret's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

The first time I saw it at the Masonic Theater in Detroit, I sat about 10 rows back on the main floor. It was amazing being that close to the stage, but you can't take it in all at once.

Next time I saw it was in Toranto and we sat in the first mez, a bit left of center. Wow. I was able to see the entire stage at once and the drama of the chandelier is better when you can see it happening, rather than craining your neck up to follow it.

If this is the first time you have seen it live - you are in for a treat! Enjoy yourself. Heck - if it's the 16th time you have seen it live, it's still a treat! Enjoy yourself (again)
    Mistress Margaret Baynham
    The Sweete Ladye
    IWG #1656 MCL
    SSPF #10 - She Who Dives to the Murky Depths
    Garb Whore #29
    The Fabric Whisperer

At the end of the day, all you have is trust and honor. G. Tenet

Guild Royalty - Elected Official Verbose Veteran Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

I saw it in '89 and '90 in Her Majesty's Theatre, in London, where it opened. I sat under the chandelier both times, and it was freakin' amazing.

Unless it's a huuuge theatre, you'll have fun no matter where you are. It's a very well-staged show. My one bit of advice for any show is that most stage shows are directed from the stalls-- orchestra, floor, whatever you want to call it-- center, about six to eight rows back. That's where the directing/creative team usually sits during the rehearsal process. The closer you can get to that area-- or at least that line of sight-- the closer you'll be to their vision.
    Nikki Cohen
    Mistress Ysobelle
    Madame Cum Laude #111
    Local Madame
    Mount Hope Muses, IWG Local #9
    IWG Guild Representative for the State of PA
    www.MayFaireMoon.com - Corsets & Costumes
    MayFaireMoon.livejournal.com

Madame Chatterbox Pansy Faye has a spectacular aura about Pansy Faye has a spectacular aura about Pansy Faye's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Phaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanthom of the Opera is here...........inside your mind

Phanthom is the best musical ever!!!! I've seen it 6 times, living in Southern CT and so close to Broadway makes it easy. You will so enjoy it. Have fun and watch out for the chandelier!!
    Growing old is mandatory, Growing up is optional
    IWG #3192 Privateer #1120 BattleBytch #775
    Lipstick Wench of Local 24
    The Demure Drill Sergeant Local 24
    Powder Monkey:The GraveDancer
    Head of The Most Prestigious Order of Piratical Wenches this side of the River Jordan - so sayeth Andy of the Rieki Booth
    Proud Mom of "The Beast" a United States Marine Coprs, LCpl 3BN/3Marines - CLB-3, MCB, HI
    Devoted MartiniInTheMorning.com Lizard in Exile

When asked if extra-terrestrials existed the Nobel Prize winning Italian physicist, Enrico Fermi answered -
    "They are already here among us, they are called Hungarians..."

home faire: CTRF
    Ren Faire Purity test - 89% corrupt (hee hee!!)

Needs a Hobby Lis Elfwench will become famous soon enough Lis Elfwench's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Awesome! Thanks for all the advice - I'm really excited. In three days, I'm going to see Les Miserables, and then Phantom in August! It's shaping up to be a good year!

Member of Local 69 Gifted with Gab Dedeley is on a distinguished road Dedeley's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Dress Circle - front mezz, is great for Phantom. I've seen it in the Orchestra, the front mezz, and nosebleeds. The front mezz is the best!

But be careful, you'll be hoooookkkkeeedd!
    Speak your mind, even if your voice shakes while you're doing it.

Open up your mind . . . let your fantasies unwind.

Heaven is the place where all the dogs you have ever loved come to greet you.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information