+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Breast Cancer hospitalization bill - PLEASE LOOK

Member of Local 13 Needs a Hobby Rhia is an unknown quantity at this point Rhia's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Breast Cancer hospitalization bill - PLEASE LOOK

Ok, I don't like forwarding this sort of thing until I know it's legit so I checked both the website AND Snopes.com (looks out for urban legends) and both say it's legit. Please pass this one on!

Breast Cancer hospitalization bill - important legislation for women

On April 30, 2003, Rep. Rosa DeLauro reintroduced the Breast Cancer Patient Protection Act (H.R. 1886). Sign our petition now to help end drive-through mastectomies once and for all.

You would think a diagnosis of breast cancer would be bad enough, but despite wide-ranging medical opinions that women who have undergone mastectomies need at least two to four days to recover from the surgery, insurance companies continue to refuse to cover hospital stays. The result? Women are forced to leave the hospital before they are ready.

You may have thought that this health crisis was behind us. After all, back in 1996, 17,000 of you signed Lifetime’s online petition against "drive-through mastectomies," an issue that has received nationwide attention. Lifetime brought your signatures to Congress and the White House. But the Breast Cancer Patient Protection Act, which would guarantee a minimum hospital stay of 48 hours for women undergoing mastectomy, was never signed into law.

In 2001, U.S. Rep. Rosa DeLauro, a strong advocate for women's health, reintroduced this legislation to ensure that breast cancer patients get the care they deserve. Rep. DeLauro won’t give up on this — and neither will we.

If you agree that mastectomies require more than one night's hospital stay, here’s your chance to make your voice heard. Once again, Lifetime will deliver these signatures to Capitol Hill and to the White House. With the strength of these petition numbers behind us, we will get this legislation passed.

Lifetime Television has put this bill on their web page with a petition drive to show your support. Last year over half the House signed on.
    PLEASE - Sign the petition by clicking on the web site below and help women living with breast cancer get the care they need and deserve. There is no cost or monetary pledge involved. You need not give more than your name and zip code number.

http://www.lifetimetv.com/health/bre...my_pledge.html
    Rhia Firewalker
    Texas Local #13, Wench 328, PFS 25, Privateer 576
    Wench, Wife, Mommy, Chieftess
    Tribal Library Wench
    Servant to Princess Tori
    Consort to Mykal MacDobhran
    Possessor of the Radar, Keeper of the Rhût
    High Priestess to the Goddess of Love,
    Guileless Seductress of Random Intimacy and Tester of Natural Illusions

Madame Chatterbox Kae will become famous soon enough Kae will become famous soon enough Kae's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

What a wonderful idea....adequate health care for a female issue. I immedietaly signed the petition. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Kae
    Wench Kae
    The Bearer of the Whim of Steel
    Madame cum Laude
    http://AnarqueWood.etsy.com - the store of fine woodcafted items

Forum Freak Mandy ReNee is an unknown quantity at this point Mandy ReNee's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hope that by signing this that "our" politicians besides the one who has brought it back will hear our voices this time and get the insurance companies to pay for what they need to pay for.
    Mandy ReNee aka Cecilia Wrenne
    IWG # 2492
    Local #35 - The Soiled Doves
    54.6% FaireFolk Corrupt

Prow and Cruise Director of the Knarra Bringa

Come to the Darkside we have cookies and rum

Needs a Hobby Saucy Ria will become famous soon enough Saucy Ria's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

I too signed right away..... i do so in memory of my mother who was a breast cancer survivor and passed 2 years later after heart surgery. I have felt since mom's mastectomy that i, my sisters, and now my daughters, live in extra danger of breast cancer, so this cause is very important to me. Thank you for pointing me in the direction of something else i can do!

They are all mine....I'm gonna do all i can to keep them..... and even be proud to fluff them up and wench around with them :) A lady should always be "well presented"!! :D

Wily Wench Rocket RN is an unknown quantity at this point Rocket RN's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

I got the link in an e-mail, and went straight there to sign. Some people just don't understand how hard the surgery is on the body. It doesn't sound like much, until it is performed on you. I hope this bill gets passed. It would benefit so many women.

~V~
    Wench # DILLIGAF
    Merc # I can\'t remember
    Cannoner on the ship the PMS Scallyrag {*Smoochies* Tink}
    So many men, so many reasons to not sleep with any of them.
    PMS = Prepare to meet Satan.
    Yeah, I know I can\'t spell.

Verbose Veteran Nevada is on a distinguished road Nevada's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

My signatures there and my Rogues will be when he gets home...my bf had a breast cancer scare...her aunt had to have a dbl mast. in her 30's...plus I worked on the stem cell transplant floors and on oncology for several years before I switched out of hospital work....its a crime the way some insurane companies made us push them out.
    Wench #2353 Madam Cum Laude
    Ren-Merc Battle Bytch #840
    Scavenger Wench
    Consort to the self-proclaimed Northern TX King of the Squirrels

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information