+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Visiting Wench Information

Generous Benefactor Verbose Veteran Lady Sarah is a name known to all Lady Sarah is a name known to all Lady Sarah is a name known to all Lady Sarah is a name known to all Lady Sarah is a name known to all Lady Sarah is a name known to all Lady Sarah's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Visiting Wench Information

FYI - This is currently a work in progress, so the information might not be 100% complete. If I've left anyone or anything out, please let me know.

So... you're coming to visit? Fantastic!! Here's some things to keep in mind about Scarborough Faire and the Texas Rennaisance Festival.

Things to Remember:
    Please let us know you're coming! Post in the General Chat forum or in Wench Watch, or PM the Madame (Kae), Vice Madame (Nevada), Lt Madames (Constance Innuendo & Branwen) or the L13 Moderator (Lady Sarah) to let them know you are coming. They will get the word out to everyone else that there are guests coming.

Kilt Checks & Grape dives: We don't do them down here. If you just have to do it, do it at your hotel. If you come on Highland weekend, please do bring your blue ribbons, but remember to only pin the hem of the kilt or the kilted one's shirt.

Texas Weather is deceptive. When temperatures start off the morning at 55 degrees and hit upwards of 80 in the afternoon, it's terribly easy to get dehydrated and/or overheated. The humidity is another culprit to this combination. Please do keep this in mind when you're partaking of the spirits. The best rule of thumb is for every mug of Mead, Ale, Wine or Beer, follow that with at least two mugs of water. If you start to feel overheated in anyway, especially towards the end of the Scarby Season or the Beginning of TRF, please sit down and get tepid water into your system as soon as possible. If your bodice is too tight, loosen it or take it off completely. You are more than welcome to rest in the hostel and there is normally one or two wenches around to keep an eye on you.

Have fun! The most important thing to remember! We've enjoyed some stellar reviews from visiting wenches and we're *very* proud of that. We want you to have a good time and we want you to come back again and again.

Dress Code:
    Scarborough - Pretty much anything goes with color and style. However, we do ask that you keep your costuming choices at a PG level. There are a lot of families that visit Scarborough and we definitely want to keep them from being uncomfortable when we approach them. If you wish to join us in the Grand Parade, then there are definite garb guidelines: you will be in need of a head covering of some sort, you must have at least one skirt on, your bodice must properly cover the bosom and your bloomers cannot show. The feathered barrettes and halos count for head coverings as do the elaborate hair braidings as they advertise vendors at the faire. If you are unsure about garb choices, then feel free to contact the Madame, Vice Madame, the Lt. Madame, Dame or the Moderator and ask them for opinions and advice.

TRF - Again, pretty much the same as Scarborough. We are not marching yet in the TRF parade, so there are no guidelines that are set for that activity. Again, please keep it family friendly and remember that TRF is more fantasy faire than historical reinactment - so if you want to lean towards the more fantasy side with your garb, go for it!

Activities:
    Scarborough - We aren't not sanctioned to Wench Walk or Wench. We have, however, in the past, held private Wenchings for special occasions or on request. We are permitted to march in the Grand Parade at 1pm. If you would like to join us, please meet at the King's Pub at 12:30pm for muster. It is called The Death March for a reason - just at a mile long and usually very hot. If you do march with us in Parade, bring some sort of drinking vessel as there is an ice and water break crossing the bridge. If you feel that you cannot complete the Parade, then please feel welcome in the Wench Line. Several of our ladies do so and will be happy to take you with them. We also participate in the Rat Pucking with the Rogues as Catties and Targets (in the afternoon pucking). If you would like to participate in that, then let one of the ladies or the Rogues know. They will explain in greater detail to you the ins and outs of the game and what the roles are.

TRF - At this time, there are no activities at TRF, so kick back, relax and enjoy the scenery, the company and the shows!

Interaction:
    Scarborough - One of our pride and joys at Scarborough as that we have a very interactive cast! If they are not swamped or running late, please do feel free to go up to them and engage them in conversation. However, do remember that the 'danes come first. We also do ask that you remember to Reverence the Royals and Nobles. There are also two Dances daily at Scarborough - the Country Dance in the Morning and the Court Dance in the afternoon. If you would like to participate in either, you are very welcome and the cast members leading the dances will show you the steps. At 6:00 each evening, the PubSing happens - and as it's the close of the day, it's fun, festive and loose. Visitors are encouraged to participate in the PubSing and the Karabushka dance.

TRF - The cast at TRF is slightly less interactive than Scarborough. However, they will engage in conversation if they have the time and again, please do remember to Reverence the Royals or Nobles.

And last but not least: Because we all need it from time to time, it was suggested that a copy of the rules go up. These are pulled from the LBB - so don't argue with us. If you don't like them, go talk to Lars. A copy of this is in our General Chat forum as well as the Official Stuff.

Reasons for disciplinary action include:

- Unreasonable Insubordination (ex: Breaking Walk protocols in deliberate defiance or representing the Guild to a Faire promoter without Guild management approval.)
    - Breaking a REAL law (Thefit, Larcency, Assualt, Murder, Soliciting)
    - Drug Possession/Dealing
    - Drunken Behavior in view of Faire/Fesitval Management or Patrons
    - Nudity in view of Faire/Festival Management or Patrons
    - Under-Age Alcohol Drinking or Supplying
    - Public Sexual Displays higher than PG-13 in view of Faire/Festival Management or Patrons
    - Bearing False Witness (spreading of malicious untruths that cause disharmony amongst the Guild)

According to the book, disciplinary action is three strikes, 1. Warning, 2. Suspension, 3. Expulsion, to be settled on the local level (if at all possible) by a Quorum of three ranking members (Local Madame, Local Vice Madame, Lt. Madame, Dame, ARbiter and local or visiting Madame Cum Laudes/Madames). After all, the IWG is about fun, but NOT a shield for drunken debauchery and irresponsible behavior in pubic.

Settling Greivances:

It is preferable that a controversy or grievance among Wenches be settled at the local level *after hours*. However, if an issue cannot be effectively resolved, appeals can be brought up the chain of authority first to the Local Madame (Kae), then the Regional Council, the Privvy Council, Scribe, Vice Madame, Grand Madame and finally, the Grande Prive. But, please, try to work things ot amongst yourselves first.

more to come as information is pulled from the Guidelines...
    Last edited by Lady Sarah; 01-22-2010 at 06:22 PM. Reason: additional information / corrections
    Lady Sarah Grimm
    Her Grace, Lady Sarah the Edible of Giggleswick under Table

Yup. I'm a Bitch. Thankfully this isn't breaking news.

IWG #2715, Merc #649, REAP #47, SSPF #6 - The Temptress of the Six. AMOK!!
    Free Range Wench!

I... am... Fish Ninja!! (Because Yso said so!)

The Guild of St. Elizabeth I, Gloriana! - God Save the Wardrobe!
    http://armadiodellasignora.blogspot.com/

All Praise The Mighty Rack!
    "Beauty is someone you notice... Charm is someone who notices you." - fortune cookie
    There is no secret ingredient.

Forum Freak Windancer is on a distinguished road Windancer's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Visiting Wench Information

Thank you for the information...its always good to be forwarned about protocals and such.
    http://www.youtube.com/v/ervaMPt4Ha0&autoplay=1

Surgeon for the HMS Motleigh
    I.F.O.R.P. 1152
    Trainer of the Hounds of Hell

"All men are animals, some just make better pets"

www.windancerscreations.net

Madame to Local 13 Madame Chatterbox Isabelle Fawkes has a spectacular aura about Isabelle Fawkes has a spectacular aura about Isabelle Fawkes's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Let us not forget the basics...

Reasons for disciplinary action include:

- Unreasonable Insubordination (ex: Breaking Walk protocols in deliberate defiance or representing the Guild to a Faire promoter without Guild management approval.)
    - Breaking a REAL law (Thefit, Larcency, Assualt, Murder, Soliciting)
    - Drug Possession/Dealing
    - Drunken Behavior in view of Faire/Fesitval Management or Patrons
    - Nudity in view of Faire/Festival Management or Patrons
    - Under-Age Alcohol Drinking or Supplying
    - Public Sexual Displays higher than PG-13 in view of Faire/Festival Management or Patrons
    - Bearing False Witness (spreading of malicious untruths that cause disharmony amongst the Guild)

According to the book, disciplinary action is three strikes, 1. Warning, 2. Suspension, 3. Expulsion, to be settled on the local level (if at all possible) by a Quorum of three ranking members.
    Last edited by Isabelle Fawkes; 06-04-2007 at 01:38 PM.

Isabelle Fawkes
    Madame of Local 13

IWG #2016
    Pub Club #116
    DG #272

Brand SPANKIN' New!Local MadameLocal Vice-MadameJusta Bot Wench1Tracy is an unknown quantity at this point
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dear Lady Sarah,
    I recently joined the Wenches Guild so I guess I'm just a tart. I march at Scarby with the Queen's Own Highlanders. However, at Scoothish Court I was often referred to as "Wench Tracy" so I thought I would join the Guild. I will try to join your group this spring also. I am Scarby everyday. I look forward to meeting you.
    Tart Tracy

Verbose Veteran Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Wench1Tracy View Post
    Dear Lady Sarah,
    I recently joined the Wenches Guild so I guess I'm just a tart. I march at Scarby with the Queen's Own Highlanders. However, at Scoothish Court I was often referred to as "Wench Tracy" so I thought I would join the Guild. I will try to join your group this spring also. I am Scarby everyday. I look forward to meeting you.
    Tart Tracy
    Just an update to this original post.

The Local 13 Madame for 2010-2011 is Isabelle Fawkes.
    The Madame of Vice is Lady B.

Generous Benefactor Verbose Veteran Lady Sarah is a name known to all Lady Sarah is a name known to all Lady Sarah is a name known to all Lady Sarah is a name known to all Lady Sarah is a name known to all Lady Sarah is a name known to all Lady Sarah's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Wench1Tracy View Post
    Dear Lady Sarah,
    Tart Tracy
    Looking forward to meeting you as well, Tracy. I'm planning on being there opening day... provided I had my head in the right place and put in for that weekend off. LOL
    Lady Sarah Grimm
    Her Grace, Lady Sarah the Edible of Giggleswick under Table

Yup. I'm a Bitch. Thankfully this isn't breaking news.

IWG #2715, Merc #649, REAP #47, SSPF #6 - The Temptress of the Six. AMOK!!
    Free Range Wench!

I... am... Fish Ninja!! (Because Yso said so!)

The Guild of St. Elizabeth I, Gloriana! - God Save the Wardrobe!
    http://armadiodellasignora.blogspot.com/

All Praise The Mighty Rack!
    "Beauty is someone you notice... Charm is someone who notices you." - fortune cookie
    There is no secret ingredient.

Needs a Hobby Lady B is on a distinguished road
    Downloads
    Uploads

YYYAAAHHOOOO Tracy - Welcome to the Family

Ladies - I personally know Tracy - and she will make a WONDERFUL addition to our group!!!
    I will look forward to introducing her to all of you opening weekend!!!!!

XOXOX
    Lady B

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information