+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Embroidery Machine

Member of Local 34 Madame Chatterbox Apropos has a spectacular aura about Apropos has a spectacular aura about Apropos's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Embroidery Machine

I started looking at getting one. I have always wanted one. I would rather embroider designs on my daughter's garb and bead that, than get ribbon and trim.

Does anyone have any experience with one? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Apropos McWadlubet - Local Madame (Not to be confused with Loco Madame)
    IWG #2830
    SSPF #1...If it weren't for the sewers, my mind would be homeless
    Mischief Oh'Malley
    Mis-Chieftress of the Guild of Sain't. Misbehavin'

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1376005641

Madame Chatterbox AnnaFaerie is a jewel in the rough AnnaFaerie is a jewel in the rough AnnaFaerie is a jewel in the rough AnnaFaerie's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Embroidery Machine

I have a Brother PE-150. It is for the home embroiderer. I use it for business. It is a little work horse.
    Mom of four...Grannie of six.
    Member of the Swagger Inn
    The Guild of Saint Elizabeth I, Gloriana! #1
    Founder of Renaissance Remembered..a costume shop, The Crazy Quilters..four women who do more than just quilt.
    Twin A of "Double Trouble" since 1955
    The B of B&K since 1964
    One half of the BE Originals...8-6-1973.
    Keeper of the The Enchanted Circle (a standing stone circle)
    She who sees spirits

Verbose Veteran Margaret is just really nice Margaret is just really nice Margaret is just really nice Margaret is just really nice Margaret is just really nice Margaret's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

I know Jay had one that she really liked. I can mail her for you if'n you wish.
    Mistress Margaret Baynham
    The Sweete Ladye
    IWG #1656 MCL
    SSPF #10 - She Who Dives to the Murky Depths
    Garb Whore #29
    The Fabric Whisperer

At the end of the day, all you have is trust and honor. G. Tenet

Local 26 Wily Wench renstyles is on a distinguished road renstyles's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a Brother too and I love it. I think it's the ULT. It sews and does embroidery. I don't think they make that exact one any more, but they do have others close to it. It was a bit more expensive but I love having a bigger hoop size.

It looks like the newer, more expensive, Brother's work with a USB port. Currently I can only use a floppy disk. I wish I had USB access.
    Julie
    Wench #710

You know you're a geek when someone says "blue box" and you automatically think Tardis instead of Tiffany's.

Gifted with Gab Laurensa has a spectacular aura about Laurensa has a spectacular aura about
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by renstyles View Post
    I have a Brother too and I love it. I think it's the ULT. It sews and does embroidery. I don't think they make that exact one any more, but they do have others close to it. It was a bit more expensive but I love having a bigger hoop size.

It looks like the newer, more expensive, Brother's work with a USB port. Currently I can only use a floppy disk. I wish I had USB access.

I have a Brother SE 270 D, and while I love it, I wish I had a bigger hoop size. Get one that does at least a 5x7 hoop or you'll be champing at the bit for a better machine within months. I'm looking at a Babylock Ellure for my next machine.

I'm in the process of making a heavily embroidered and beaded English nobleman's outfit right now and it's purrrrty.

Guild Royalty - Elected Official Verbose Veteran Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

How much do these babies generally cost?
    Nikki Cohen
    Mistress Ysobelle
    Madame Cum Laude #111
    Local Madame
    Mount Hope Muses, IWG Local #9
    IWG Guild Representative for the State of PA
    www.MayFaireMoon.com - Corsets & Costumes
    MayFaireMoon.livejournal.com

Madame Chatterbox AnnaFaerie is a jewel in the rough AnnaFaerie is a jewel in the rough AnnaFaerie is a jewel in the rough AnnaFaerie's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Laurensa View Post
    I have a Brother SE 270 D, and while I love it, I wish I had a bigger hoop size. Get one that does at least a 5x7 hoop or you'll be champing at the bit for a better machine within months. I'm looking at a Babylock Ellure for my next machine.

I'm in the process of making a heavily embroidered and beaded English nobleman's outfit right now and it's purrrrty.
    Yes....yes....and yes! Get the largest hooped machine you can afford. There are so many patterns I want that I can't use because they are too big for my small hoop.

I am at the beginning of the search for the new machine with the mega-hoop capacity. *laughing* They are a bit out of my price range at the moment.

I was saying the Brother line seems to be a working fiend. I have the embroidery machine, sewing maching and serger....all Brothers...I have run one machine to death and it never gave me any problems. It was the bottom of the line...under $90 years ago. I used it for over two years for 8 to ten hours a day...four and 5 days a week. No problems until it died. I went right out and bought a new Brother.
    Founder of Renaissance Remembered..a costume shop, The Crazy Quilters..four women who do more than just quilt.
    The B of B&K since 1964
    She who sees spirits

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Ysobelle View Post

Mine was just a few hundred. I think before the discounts it was around $400.00 +. The machines can run into the thousands. My dream machine is around $7000.00. Yeah...right...I'll afford this one after I'm too old to even lift my arms. *laughing*
    Last edited by AnnaFaerie; 10-11-2007 at 10:18 AM.
    The B of B&K since 1964
    She who sees spirits

Gifted with Gab Laurensa has a spectacular aura about Laurensa has a spectacular aura about
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Ysobelle View Post
    Mine was under $500, plus $120 for the card reader and card to get designs from computer to machine. (I don't want one that hooks up directly to the computer because I share my computer with my DH and he would not be happy if I tied it up all day). Software to digitize your own designs runs about $350.

The machine I want, the Babylock Ellure, will cost me around $900. Anyone need garb?

Member of Local 69 Needs a Hobby BronxGirl will become famous soon enough BronxGirl's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

When my sister was still sane, she and her ex-husband had an embroidery business. They had a Barudan. Barudan's website doesn't even list prices.

The Guild of Saint Elizabeth I, Gloriana!

BarKeep for the
    Good Ship Sea Goddess
    Cougar Wench #5
    Landshark #5 Royal Order of Landsharks
    Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come. -- Matt Groening, "Life in Hell"
    SO SAY WE ALL
    FINS UP
    I DO WEIRD THINGS

Take my love, take my land,
    Take me where I cannot stand.
    I don't care. I'm still free.
    You can't take the sky from me.

. . . then Buffy staked Edward. The end.

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Gráinia ní Mháile
    High Knitter of Undercity

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information