+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: So it looks like I need a new machine.

Guild Royalty - Elected Official Verbose Veteran Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default So it looks like I need a new machine.

My Kenmore is sick. I should probably have another one anyway for those times I have in-house minioning help-- and, of course, if anything happens to my primary machine, I'm SOL.

So. What kind of machines do y'all use, and why do you like them? How much did they cost? What do you dislike about them?

Have at!
    Nikki Cohen
    Mistress Ysobelle
    Madame Cum Laude #111
    Local Madame
    Mount Hope Muses, IWG Local #9
    IWG Guild Representative for the State of PA
    www.MayFaireMoon.com - Corsets & Costumes
    MayFaireMoon.livejournal.com

Madame Chatterbox rosefaeries will become famous soon enough rosefaeries will become famous soon enough rosefaeries's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: So it looks like I need a new machine.

My main sewing machine is a Singer that is Way older than I am. I like it for basic sewing. It can pretty much sew most anything I throw at it. THis one is "borrowed" long term from a friend. (I pretty much have told her she might as well put it in her will that I get it.)

My other machine is an Elnita. It does button holes like a dream. It is also a portable machine. It is the one I used to take to shows. This one was my inheritance from my grandmother.
    When Irish eyes are smiling, be afraid.......Be very, very afraid. I will act as old as I feel, look as old as I am, and smile at the obvious disconnect.
    "No, no! "Rare" implies dangerously cooked. When I say rare I mean just let it look at the oven in terror, then bring it out to me. " Wolf The 10th Kingdom

Guild Royalty - Elected Official Verbose Veteran Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Alas, it needs to be a machine I could actually get. I mean, I could prolly come get yours, but you might not appreciate that, I'm thinkin'.
    Nikki Cohen
    Mistress Ysobelle
    Madame Cum Laude #111
    Local Madame

Madame Chatterbox rosefaeries will become famous soon enough rosefaeries will become famous soon enough rosefaeries's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

lol I know of 4 singers just like mine for sale down in the valley. If you like I could pull the model number off for you. It was actually a popular model.
    When Irish eyes are smiling, be afraid.......Be very, very afraid. I will act as old as I feel, look as old as I am, and smile at the obvious disconnect.
    "No, no! "Rare" implies dangerously cooked. When I say rare I mean just let it look at the oven in terror, then bring it out to me. " Wolf The 10th Kingdom

Verbose Veteran Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Check your text messages.

Madame Chatterbox Andreadoria will become famous soon enough Andreadoria will become famous soon enough Andreadoria's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

I use the old Singer. A bit older than me

I haven't in a long time. But I have 2 1950's models, both in the folding table cabinets. I am willing to part with one.

One made in Great Briton needs a belt and some oil has been fitted with a knee paddle I inherited from a friends grandma the cabinet has some carvings made by my friend in teenage years and is dark brown. Has bobbins and instruction book and beautiful gold scroll work on it.

The other is made in the good ol USA and needs a belt and oil. This was my Nana's the one I learned on, has a light brown fofinish, and all the bobbins.

Both work well and seem fine except for the belts, and the have working work lights too. I tested them out a few months ago when I was getting ready to sell them. Problem there I have no Idea the value of each.

If your interested let me know...been trying to get rid of stuff for my big move.
    IWG #533 --- Local 69 The finer 69'ers

LandShark #15

http://www.facebook.com/tandreadoria

I am a TRUE BLOOD Addict and cannot wait till season 5

Verbose Veteran Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here's the link to find out exactly how old your Singer Sewing Machine is and where it was made.

Madame Chatterbox Andreadoria will become famous soon enough Andreadoria will become famous soon enough Andreadoria's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

My brain Fell out of my head, I have to go look at them again.

That is how I know one is made in GB and the other USA....I hate brain Poots
    IWG #533 --- Local 69 The finer 69'ers

LandShark #15

http://www.facebook.com/tandreadoria

I am a TRUE BLOOD Addict and cannot wait till season 5

Downloads
    Uploads

Aw! Thanks, guys! But it needs to be a machine I can take to shows with me, when necessary. I'm looking for brand recommendations, if y'all have them.
    Nikki Cohen
    Mistress Ysobelle
    Madame Cum Laude #111
    Local Madame

Madame Chatterbox AnnaFaerie is a jewel in the rough AnnaFaerie is a jewel in the rough AnnaFaerie is a jewel in the rough AnnaFaerie's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have 3 Brother machines.

One is for embroidery...one for serging and a regular sewing machine. I bought them for the price. I've used them for years.

The only problem I had is when one dies...it is dead. I just go buy another one.

I also have a Singer Featherweight.
    Mom of four...Grannie of six.
    Member of the Swagger Inn
    The Guild of Saint Elizabeth I, Gloriana! #1
    Founder of Renaissance Remembered..a costume shop, The Crazy Quilters..four women who do more than just quilt.
    Twin A of "Double Trouble" since 1955
    The B of B&K since 1964
    One half of the BE Originals...8-6-1973.
    Keeper of the The Enchanted Circle (a standing stone circle)
    She who sees spirits

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information