+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Poor Puppy

Member of Local 52 Madame Chatterbox Sorcha Griannon is on a distinguished road Sorcha Griannon's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Poor Puppy

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...cal&id=5970705

Man arrested for breaking puppy's legs

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

LOS ANGELES -- Police say a 22-year-old man, reportedly despondent over a break-up with his girlfriend, has been arrested on suspicion of animal cruelty for allegedly severely injuring a pit bull puppy.
    Authorities say Steven Butcher was arrested Monday. He is accused of breaking the puppy's rear legs, breaking the dog's jaw and inflicting numerous other injuries.
    A resident who called police told officers that Butcher "was despondent over a break-up with his girlfriend and had threatened to harm a small puppy." Police say the resident had an audiotape of the suspect claiming he was hurting the dog as it was heard "yelping in pain."
    Police say officers found the dog lying under a running faucet, drenched in cold water.

Butcher was released after posting $20,000 bail.
    Attempts to find a phone listing for Butcher were not successful.

Yeah, I wonder WHY she broke up with him. Too bad he didn't put a gun to his head and pull the trigger instead.

Sorcha
    Sorcha Griannon-Madame Cum Laude #2524
    Lizzy's & Lily's Mommy
    PFS#1, #11 Witchy Wenchy Womyn, Bard # 383, FF#29

"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." ~Anatole France

Verbose Veteran Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Poor Puppy

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcha Griannon
    ...Too bad he didn't put a gun to his head and pull the trigger instead.
    I couldn't agree more.

Member of Local 13 Verbose Veteran Selena is a glorious beacon of light Selena is a glorious beacon of light Selena is a glorious beacon of light Selena is a glorious beacon of light Selena is a glorious beacon of light Selena's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

There's a case here in Austin quite similar to this. Except it was a woman who set fire to the dog because of the breakup. I think she was just recently sentenced to prison for the crime.

I don't get it.

Verbose Veteran daBaroness is a glorious beacon of light daBaroness is a glorious beacon of light daBaroness is a glorious beacon of light daBaroness is a glorious beacon of light daBaroness is a glorious beacon of light daBaroness is a glorious beacon of light daBaroness's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm sure our illustrious webmistress has heard this kind of thing way too many times.

And yes, according to a lot of research and data - people who physically abuse or kill animals are just a step away from doing the same to humans. And thankfully, due to the hard work of people like Allison - the public and the justice system is becoming less tolerant of these horrible people and they're getting sentenced more strictly and more often than in the past.

Look at Michael Vick - everyone I know kept telling me, "Oh, he's a famous football player, he'll get off with nothing but a slap on the wrist - if that." Can I tell y'all how happy I am that didn't happen and that he's being held accountable for his actions? I'm sure he'll be back on the gridiron and viewed as some sort of martyr by too many misguided fans who think it was much ado about nothing for the good 'ol boy. But in the meanwhile, he's cooling his heels and not making a living.

As for those who think he got a raw deal - they generally fall into two categories - both of which I personally think are pathetic. First are those who think the only reason he's being held accountable is because he's black. Whatever ... playing the race card to excuse reprehensible behavior of any kind just shows a complete lack of intelligence and perpetuates the sorry state of race relations in this country today. The second group are the rabid sports fans who think that professional athletes are some kind of royalty or ought to be exempt from the very same rules and responsibilities the rest of us mere mortals must live by.

Again ... whatever. I've long lamented a culture in which we pay those who entertain us (including professional athletes) obscene amounts of money and allow them to conduct themselves in sometimes insane ways without repercussion. I just don't get - especially the part where clueless fans support obvious criminals - Michael Jackson, Michael Vick, Britney Spears - all come to mind. What is WRONG with these people - the celebrities, athletes and especially the fans who blindly support them?!

Wenchin' Since the 70s

Baroness d'Livonia, Velvette Duvet, Esther h'Ormone
    MCL #1257

There's a special place in hell for women who don't help other women. ~Madeline Albright

Needs a Hobby Nimue is on a distinguished road Nimue's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Disgusting. Just...disgusting. That poor puppy.
    Nimue Crystalweaver
    Proud member of Local 34.5 Guild of the Garter
    Wench # 3145 Garb Diva #11
    Mug Makin' Wench!
    Madame Cum Laude
    59.2% Faire Folk Corrupt--I am a Playtron!
    I got Rogued! 8/26/07
    http://nimue.renspace.com/

Member of Local 69 Wily Wench Sandina is on a distinguished road Sandina's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Maybe we should all get together and break his legs...........
    Sandina
    IWG#2867
    Ren Rat
    NYRF & Sterling Ren Faire
    There is no happier sight than your
    kitten running towards you.
    I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this into your signature

Verbose Veteran Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Sandina
    Maybe we should all get together and break his legs...........
    IMO, this guy is only 22. The older he gets, the more aggressive he will become, not only towards animals but people as well. I would hazard to guess his girlfriend left him because he was abusive.

Breaking his legs is too temporary.
    I'll stick with my previous unspoken choice;
    1 bullet and not another thought.

Verbose Veteran daBaroness is a glorious beacon of light daBaroness is a glorious beacon of light daBaroness is a glorious beacon of light daBaroness is a glorious beacon of light daBaroness is a glorious beacon of light daBaroness is a glorious beacon of light daBaroness's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bux - I've missed you so! You're my kinda non-nonsense girl!

Wenchin' Since the 70s

Baroness d'Livonia, Velvette Duvet, Esther h'Ormone
    MCL #1257

There's a special place in hell for women who don't help other women. ~Madeline Albright

Member of Local 69 Wily Wench Sandina is on a distinguished road Sandina's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Buxom,
    I like your unspoken choice much better!
    Sandina
    IWG#2867
    Ren Rat
    NYRF & Sterling Ren Faire
    There is no happier sight than your
    kitten running towards you.
    I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this into your signature

Member of Local 34 Verbose Veteran Isabelle Warwicke is a glorious beacon of light Isabelle Warwicke is a glorious beacon of light Isabelle Warwicke is a glorious beacon of light Isabelle Warwicke is a glorious beacon of light Isabelle Warwicke is a glorious beacon of light Isabelle Warwicke is a glorious beacon of light Isabelle Warwicke's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

It just makes me want to vomit. What the hell is WRONG with people?

*buries head in hands*
    Isabelle Warwicke
    Panties for Peace

The Hench Wench "If you can't do something smart, do something brave"
    Madame Emeritus, Local #34, Guild of the Garter
    In Vino Veritas

alias'
    Jolie Rouge, Surgeon on the HMS Raven
    Wasabi the SOB
    Friend of Faire, Outlander, R.E.A.P, GarbWhore & Pricked Finger Society

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information