+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: NYRF Opening weekend

Member of Local 69 Needs a Hobby BronxGirl will become famous soon enough BronxGirl's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: NYRF Opening weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Cyranno DeBoberac View Post
    Y

Alas, family obligations will keep me away.

I'll probably be there Sunday though.
    /cries

The Guild of Saint Elizabeth I, Gloriana!

BarKeep for the
    Good Ship Sea Goddess
    Cougar Wench #5
    Landshark #5 Royal Order of Landsharks
    Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come. -- Matt Groening, "Life in Hell"
    SO SAY WE ALL
    FINS UP
    I DO WEIRD THINGS

Take my love, take my land,
    Take me where I cannot stand.
    I don't care. I'm still free.
    You can't take the sky from me.

. . . then Buffy staked Edward. The end.

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Gráinia ní Mháile
    High Knitter of Undercity

Forum Freak FunnyLove is an unknown quantity at this point FunnyLove's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm not super excited about faire this year but I'll go at least 3 times. I am however happy to be seeing some friends I havent seen in awhile. Oh and if you thought you couldnt miss me before, I have a custom made dodo bird jester staff. Now you REALLY wont miss me. Hope I'll see some of you tomorrow (I'm pretty sure I'll be there).

Diana

Member of Local 69 Needs a Hobby BronxGirl will become famous soon enough BronxGirl's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here's some shots from opening day, between thunderstorms.

PG and I on the Kissing Bridge

Me showing off my new ears.

Willow and I eating meat on a stick. PG is totaaly oblivious and enjoying her pizza.

The Guild of Saint Elizabeth I, Gloriana!

BarKeep for the
    Good Ship Sea Goddess
    Cougar Wench #5
    Landshark #5 Royal Order of Landsharks
    Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come. -- Matt Groening, "Life in Hell"
    SO SAY WE ALL
    FINS UP
    I DO WEIRD THINGS

Take my love, take my land,
    Take me where I cannot stand.
    I don't care. I'm still free.
    You can't take the sky from me.

. . . then Buffy staked Edward. The end.

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Gráinia ní Mháile
    High Knitter of Undercity

Member of Local 24 Madame Chatterbox Lady Hefron is just really nice Lady Hefron is just really nice Lady Hefron is just really nice Lady Hefron is just really nice Lady Hefron's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bronxgirl...sorry we weren't able to meet up Saturday. I was able to meet with Willow on Sunday.

This was my first time at NYRF. We had such a fabulous time! It is the largest faire I've ever been to. Sir Wallet and I are exhausted but very happy to have gone.

OH...and we got the chance to meet the fabulous Lars!
    Wench #3559
    aka the Bionic Wench
    The Good Wench of the North (thanks Speed!)

NER #34

Privateer @1286 Ship's Clerk Black Rose II
    aka Lizette "Lizzy" Argent

http://lizzyargent.blogspot.com/

Fairely Well Maid
    http://www.artfire.com/users/Fairely-Well-Maid
    [email protected]

I'm like a cat, I always land on my feet.

Needs a Hobby willow of the wooded fortress is on a distinguished road willow of the wooded fortress's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

I had a great time with you and PG Bronxgirl! She is a very cool kid.

Lady Hefron, again great to meet you and Sir Wallet.

I had a great time sat. and sun. failed to see anything but was happy to eat, drink, and be very merry!
    Wench id #3291

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point in the wrong direction!

- Irish Blessing

Life is the flower for which love is the honey.

Victor Hugo

50.7%Faire Folk Pure(49.3%Faire Folk Corrupt)
    I've found the path to corruption, now all I have to do is stay on it!

Verbose Veteran Dmitri will become famous soon enough Dmitri will become famous soon enough Dmitri's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

NYRF has changed over the years to be sure. No, its not the same as it was...

While you all wax pathetic about the golden years, you seem to forget a few things.

1. The Blue Boar! It is now the true Playtron hang out! Better than ANYTHING we've ever had before for us. And the shows come to US!!! I keep telling DeTroy that we just need a good food up vendor there too.

2. Regardless of what you think, NYRF and most other faires (unless noted) are FAMILY SHOWS... Don't like it, don't come. You and I as playtrons can add something to faire, that is true. But 90% of any revenue a faire and vendors get is from the Danes. That means we need to cater to them so that we can have our 8 weekend playground.

So quit whining and have fun... Make your fun...

As for the Wrong Show? I enjoyed it while it lasted, but it was on borrowed time from the begining. Be happy it lasted as long as it did. Frankly, I'm surprise it lasted more than a few weekends.
    Dmitri Vladescu - IBRSC Wolf
    www.geofdavis.com
    www.wolfgaardarmoury.com

"I got 99 problems, but a Wench ain't one..."

"Barbarism is the natural state of mankind, civilization is unnatural, it is a whim of circumstance, and barbarism must always ultimately triumph."-R. E. Howard

"Fireball: When you absolutely, positively have to kill every single motherfucker in the room."

OK... I broke down and made one... uggh http://www.myspace.com/dmitriwolf

Needs a Hobby willow of the wooded fortress is on a distinguished road willow of the wooded fortress's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitri View Post

While you all wax pathetic about the golden years, you seem to forget a few things.

1. The Blue Boar! It is now the true Playtron hang out! Better than ANYTHING we've ever had before for us. And the shows come to US!!! I keep telling DeTroy that we just need a good food up vendor there too.

2. Regardless of what you think, NYRF and most other faires (unless noted) are FAMILY SHOWS... Don't like it, don't come. You and I as playtrons can add something to faire, that is true. But 90% of any revenue a faire and vendors get is from the Danes. That means we need to cater to them so that we can have our 8 weekend playground.

So quit whining and have fun... Make your fun...

As for the Wrong Show? I enjoyed it while it lasted, but it was on borrowed time from the begining. Be happy it lasted as long as it did. Frankly, I'm surprise it lasted more than a few weekends.
    THANK YOU for saying this! It is what it is, it's what you make it. I had a blast this weekend.

I did see you Dimitri but was not sure so I didn't say hello, I was not being a snot. Please say hi if you see me on another weekend.
    Wench id #3291

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point in the wrong direction!

- Irish Blessing

Life is the flower for which love is the honey.

Victor Hugo

50.7%Faire Folk Pure(49.3%Faire Folk Corrupt)
    I've found the path to corruption, now all I have to do is stay on it!

Wily Wench Perin is on a distinguished road Perin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitri View Post
    But the complaints never change...

There was a letter on myspace to "corporate" about how the faire's changed, how they're trying to make it more like Disney, the actor's and shows aren't as good as they were before, no one wants to be there, blah blah blah. Its funny because these are the same complaints I hear every year about NYRF and KRF. Acts change, performers come and go. Its the natural cycle.

As for the Wrong Show, I have to agree with the the faire on this one. The show wasn't appropriate for faire.

Guild Royalty - Elected Official Madame Chatterbox FairieTink will become famous soon enough FairieTink will become famous soon enough FairieTink's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

NYRf used to be my home faire, I love it, don't get me wrong it' a shithole and I would never ever go back to it except one thing. All the people, D, Lars, Tink, Sputty, D's amazing woman, The boothies I know and love, D's amazing woman... and the list goes on and on (wait I think I said that)

Sorry... the point it, as a show it sucks, TRF, AZ, CO, MI, PA all better faires, but NY has the best people. Sorry to say it cause I love my faire now but we don't have the NYRF folks there. Hell if NYRF took all the shows out, disney'd it even more it wouldn't matter, I would go for the same reasons I always went, because I love the folks.

Now unless I can get all of you to move to AZ and come to my faire then I know at some point soon I shall board a plane with my garb and come see each of you.

Remember what faire is, at least for me it's my chance to get dressed up and go act even weirder than normal with a group of friends that likes me for just that.
    Vice Madam Local 35 - AZ chapter

Captain Bone Momma - HMS Boner - http://www.igotboned.com

Regional Keeper of Arizona - ODK Member #032
    Privateer # 975, Merc #591, Ren Rat, IWG #2416

Member of Local 69 Wily Wench Sandina is on a distinguished road Sandina's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

No, Tuxedo has changed & not for better.I would much rather make the trip to Sterling & see shows.
    Sandina
    IWG#2867
    Ren Rat
    NYRF & Sterling Ren Faire
    There is no happier sight than your
    kitten running towards you.
    I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this into your signature

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information