+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Long, but important: ALL Guild members (IWG, IBRSC, IFRP)

Grand Poohbahs Needs a Hobby webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Long, but important: ALL Guild members (IWG, IBRSC, IFRP)

We have finally gotten our collective shite together and created a master list of all guild members. I won't bother to go into the technical details, but suffice to say that this is a Very Good Thing(tm).

What does this mean to you?

It means you will be able to keep your contact updated with us, and all of the Lundeguilds sites hosted on this server will be able to share data so we can create some really fun new websites and features. For example, with this master database, we can now easily see which of our wenches are "Battle Bitches" - women who are members of both the IWG and the Mercs guild. Or, we can access the info from who is in the Privateers Guild if we need it - like this.

What that also means is that the database knows which guilds each person belongs to, so we can (for example) offer specific benefits to people in two or more guilds, easily see where there are mix-ups in guild ID numbers, and make sure that duplicate guild numbers are never issued. (It doesn't happen often, but it has happened.)

It also means that once you're in the system, lists like the woefully neglected IWG chapter list on this site will be more accurate and up to date, with less work on Lars' or my part. Yay for less data entry and better accuracy! When new local madames are elected, the info can be easily updated ONCE, and it will be reflected everywhere that local's chapter info is listed.

Please note - we WILL be building in the ability to supress your information, if you do not wish to appear on any of the rosters. In most situations, we will probably only display your faire name anyway - but if you haven't given us a faire name, we will likely only use your first name and the first letter of your last name, as shown in the Privateers roster. But even then, if you didn't even want your first name listed, we are building in the ability to supress that.

So what's next?

We're finishing up a tool that will allow you all to update your contact information with us. I'll be posting a link to it when it's done, but I will need you all (including IBRSC, IFRP, etc) to update your information in some sort of timely fashion. Please keep an eye on this thread for more information and instructions.

And of course... the usual caveats...

Lars and I have been busting our booties de-duping the guild master lists to combine them into one main list. Because some names are particularly common, and we had to do this by hand, expect that there MAY be a few mix-ups. We'll work quickly to get mix-ups resolved in a timely fashion, but please don't freak out if information looks wrong at first.

In order to set things up so that you can acces your own information to edit, we will likely be asking you to authenticate with your guild ID and your last name, at which point you will be able to set your email address, password and a reminder word. Once that has been set, you will use your email address and password to login to update your other contact informatiion.

While we realize that someone COULD create the master account as someone else if they know the person's last name and guild ID, we will be monitoring the input carefully, and we'll be able to quickly resolve any issues that come from that. Plus, I don't really expect that to be a problem with this group. But again - if you try to create the account and it say it's already been created, don't panic - just contact us and we'll get it resolved.

PS - my stupid "r" key is still behaving badly, so forgive the typos
    Last edited by webmistress; 02-14-2007 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Wow... how did I misspell "reflected" as "felected"? Oy.

Member of Local 52 Verbose Veteran Mistress Morigianna will become famous soon enough Mistress Morigianna's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Long, but important: ALL Guild members (IWG, IBRSC, IFRP)

You deserve extra chocolate for all that work
    We all have a freak flag-Are you afraid to fly yours?
    Better to have loved and lost than to be stuck with an asshat forever.....
    Mistress of semi-random organized chaos Work: Rev. Misty Johnson www.idothemeweddings.com
    Faire: Mistress Morigianna The Purple Bodice Goddess SCA: Lady Morigianna Rhiannon Of Shadowed Stars
    Owner-Misty Fata Morigianna /On Your Knees Creations- WWW.TRIMWHORE.COM
    Head seamstress/costumer- www.dragonmarsh.com Teacher- www.classesatdragonmarsh.com
    wench MCL #2109 Pricked Finger Society #53 Contesseration of fobs & garbwhores #60 Trim Whore #1 Cougar Wench #7
    Guild of Saint Elizabeth I (GWT) #60 Fabric Fanatics #27 WWW#22 Pin Whores founding member #10
    Shamless plug-Good Host! http://www.HostMonster.Com/track/idothemeweddings
    Look for me on FaceBook... Just type Morigianna in the search and you will see all my pages

Member of Local 13 Needs a Hobby Rhia is an unknown quantity at this point Rhia's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Long, but important: ALL Guild members (IWG, IBRSC, IFRP)

Snipe,

I know I speak for everyone when I say... you Rock!

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!
    Rhia Firewalker
    Texas Local #13, Wench 328, PFS 25, Privateer 576
    Wench, Wife, Mommy, Chieftess
    Tribal Library Wench
    Servant to Princess Tori
    Consort to Mykal MacDobhran
    Possessor of the Radar, Keeper of the Rht
    High Priestess to the Goddess of Love,
    Guileless Seductress of Random Intimacy and Tester of Natural Illusions

Guild Royalty - Elected Official Verbose Veteran Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oh, praise Cthulu!

Will Local Madames be able to pull down members in their area? I KNOW there are Wenches I don't know about out there in Eastern PA. I can smell them...I know they're there! MUHAHAHAH!
    Nikki Cohen
    Mistress Ysobelle
    Madame Cum Laude #111
    Local Madame
    Mount Hope Muses, IWG Local #9
    IWG Guild Representative for the State of PA
    www.MayFaireMoon.com - Corsets & Costumes
    MayFaireMoon.livejournal.com

Grand Poohbahs Needs a Hobby webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Ysobelle View Post
    Oh, praise Cthulu!

Will Local Madames be able to pull down members in their area? I KNOW there are Wenches I don't know about out there in Eastern PA. I can smell them...I know they're there! MUHAHAHAH!
    Yep - you'll be able to do all that. Down the line (NOT in the next month or so), I'll be building in more tools for elected officials, like the ability to email all people the local via a web form, etc.

Verbose Veteran Margaret is just really nice Margaret is just really nice Margaret is just really nice Margaret is just really nice Margaret is just really nice Margaret's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Crikes!!

Snipe, this is HUGE!! Send on thanks to the Big Guy and - yeah, you rock.
    Mistress Margaret Baynham
    The Sweete Ladye
    IWG #1656 MCL
    SSPF #10 - She Who Dives to the Murky Depths
    Garb Whore #29
    The Fabric Whisperer

At the end of the day, all you have is trust and honor. G. Tenet

Guild Royalty - Elected Official Verbose Veteran Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by webmistress View Post
    Yep - you'll be able to do all that. Down the line (NOT in the next month or so), I'll be building in more tools for elected officials, like the ability to email all people the local via a web form, etc.
    Oh, that's heavenly. Wooty woot!
    Nikki Cohen
    Mistress Ysobelle
    Madame Cum Laude #111
    Local Madame

Downloads
    Uploads

Once we have everything set up, it opens the doors to a slew of cool things that we can do - including having guild elections online, since every member would be accounted for, and couldn't vote twice.

Lots of good stuff ahead. I can't give you any timelines at this point (other than the contact list update form thingie should be done within a week or so), but everything I've wanted to do for ages and couldn't was only impossible because we didn't have a master database.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by webmistress View Post
    Once we have everything set up, it opens the doors to a slew of cool things that we can do - including having guild elections online, since every member would be accounted for, and couldn't vote twice.

Lots of good stuff ahead. I can't give you any timelines at this point (other than the contact list update form thingie should be done within a week or so), but everything I've wanted to do for ages and couldn't was only impossible because we didn't have a master database.
    That totally rocks. And it's a hell of a lot easier and more secure than what we were trying: having all the members of the Yahoo group fill out a form on the group's homepage.
    Nikki Cohen
    Mistress Ysobelle
    Madame Cum Laude #111
    Local Madame

Gifted with Gab Mylilpinkpig is on a distinguished road
    Downloads
    Uploads

For those of us who have moved since we joined, Will we be able to change what local we are in?
    ~*~ M ~*~

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information