+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Long, but important: ALL Guild members (IWG, IBRSC, IFRP)

Grand Poohbahs Needs a Hobby webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Long, but important: ALL Guild members (IWG, IBRSC, IFRP)

Quote Originally Posted by Mylilpinkpig View Post
    For those of us who have moved since we joined, Will we be able to change what local we are in?
    Yes ma'am. I'm not 100% sure how I'm going to set that up - if it will just automagically set your local to the one that matches your geography, or what. I know some people have moved but stayed in their original local (me, for example, when I moved to SoCal - I never switched locals, technically, though I probably should have.) Also, some locals have weird geography, like State A, State B, and the western part of State C, so I don't know how easy that will be to integrate.

So.. uhm.. the short answer is YES, you will be able to. The slightly longer answer is that we may come up with a clever way to automate that a little.
    -- snipe 学生
    Madame Cum Laude
    IWG Member #0004

Me: snipe.net · phpchick.com · tehawesome.net · crankyhaiku.com · geekhaiku.com · geekdays.com · FBMHell.com
    My Passions: pet-abuse.com · everydayactivist.com · sound.ly

Grand Poohbahs Needs a Hobby webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Ysobelle View Post
    That totally rocks. And it's a hell of a lot easier and more secure than what we were trying: having all the members of the Yahoo group fill out a form on the group's homepage.
    Yeah, the whole "one person, one vote" thing was basically impossible to get a handle on in a consistant way before. I've got a crapload of work ahead of me in the next few day, but I'm hoping to get started on some of this stuff within the next few days. Merging the database itself was a bear and it took a lot longer than I would have liked, but now that *that* awful part is done, the fun stuff can start :)

Just to have some sort of unified database with a method of conceivably contacting ALL members at once for a specific reason, building a mailing list for Lundegaard Productionss (and getting the man to actually use it), will be SUCH a big help.
    -- snipe 学生
    Madame Cum Laude
    IWG Member #0004

Me: snipe.net · phpchick.com · tehawesome.net · crankyhaiku.com · geekhaiku.com · geekdays.com · FBMHell.com

Guild Royalty - Elected Official Madame Chatterbox FairieTink will become famous soon enough FairieTink will become famous soon enough FairieTink's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. DB work, design assistance, testing, whatever. I know what it's like to work on a back end day after day sometimes you start missing whats right in front of you and need a new fresh look. You work your tail off for us, if there is anyway I can help, I'm here.
    Vice Madam Local 35 - AZ chapter

Captain Bone Momma - HMS Boner - http://www.igotboned.com

Regional Keeper of Arizona - ODK Member #032
    Privateer # 975, Merc #591, Ren Rat, IWG #2416

Verbose Veteran Dmitri will become famous soon enough Dmitri will become famous soon enough Dmitri's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Allison, does this mean that Lars is having Mage roll the IBRSC site server to the common Lundeguild™ server?
    Dmitri Vladescu - IBRSC Wolf
    www.geofdavis.com
    www.wolfgaardarmoury.com

"I got 99 problems, but a Wench ain't one..."

"Barbarism is the natural state of mankind, civilization is unnatural, it is a whim of circumstance, and barbarism must always ultimately triumph."-R. E. Howard

"Fireball: When you absolutely, positively have to kill every single motherfucker in the room."

OK... I broke down and made one... uggh http://www.myspace.com/dmitriwolf

Forum Freak Madmage is on a distinguished road Madmage's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitri View Post
    Allison, does this mean that Lars is having Mage roll the IBRSC site server to the common Lundeguild™ server?
    Would be the first I've heard of it... well, this is the first I've heard of this. Thanks for the heads-up for this, guys... I could have spared myself from all that work i did on ibrsc.org.
    grumble..
    Ack! Girlz have cooties!

-> ibrsc.org <-

Member of Local 96 Madame Chatterbox Torra is a jewel in the rough Torra is a jewel in the rough Torra is a jewel in the rough Torra is a jewel in the rough Torra's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

This sounds like a fantastic idea! Thanks for all the work you've done lately for us, Snipe. What can I say, other than you rock!
    38.2% FaireFolk pure (61.8% FaireFolk corrupt)

The Tea Wench - #3445

The cup is always half-full; it's just that sometimes it's half-full of empty.
    http://thecrackedcup.wordpress.com

Verbose Veteran WenchLadyKate has a spectacular aura about WenchLadyKate has a spectacular aura about WenchLadyKate has a spectacular aura about WenchLadyKate's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think this is a great thing! Snipe puts in so much hard work for us!

Thank you!
    Move along, nothing to see here...

Downloads
    Uploads

I wouldn't think so.... If the IBRSC site needs to access the member list, I can either create a read-only mySQL user for it, or we can work out some kind of XML hookie-dookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitri View Post
    -- snipe 学生
    Madame Cum Laude
    IWG Member #0004

Downloads
    Uploads

Not sure what work you're referring to, but I can't imagine how this would affect anything you've done. Since your data isn't syncing back to any of Lars' data, nothing about the way your site works has to change.

Lars finally let me move ahead with this - and I don't have your contact info. I figured we'd discuss any kind of integration you might be interested in once we had everything hammered out. I'd been begging Lars to do this for 6 years, so how was I to know that he'd actually let me do it this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Madmage View Post
    Would be the first I've heard of it... well, this is the first I've heard of this. Thanks for the heads-up for this, guys... I could have spared myself from all that work i did on ibrsc.org.
    grumble..
    -- snipe 学生
    Madame Cum Laude
    IWG Member #0004

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Madmage View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up for this, guys... I could have spared myself from all that work i did on ibrsc.org.
    grumble..
    And for what its worth, that works both ways - if you had told us what *you* were working on, we could have collaborated and saved me some time too.
    -- snipe 学生
    Madame Cum Laude
    IWG Member #0004

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information