+ Reply to Thread

Thread: If you received an email saying your account was deleted, PLEASE READ

Grand Poohbahs Needs a Hobby webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default If you received an email saying your account was deleted, PLEASE READ

If you're an actual human being, and you received an email today (Aug 21, 2008) that your account was deleted, let me first apologize. We were forced to do a giant housecleaning of spam registration accounts, so any IWG forum account that wasn't activated yet was deleted.

When new users registered, they received both a PM and an email, instructing them to contact me to ask for their account to be activated. (This was the ONLY way I was able to know that you were a real person and not a spambot.) Anyone who didn't email and get their account activated will have to create a new account.

I'm very sorry for that, but this was a one-time housecleaning. There were registrations sitting in the approval queue from over a year ago. I never heard from the registrant, so I kept them in the queue, not wanting to delete valid users. If you re-register, your account will be approved immediately and you'll never need to register again. If there was a better way of getting rid of the spam accounts, I'd have done it, I promise.

It is VERY unfortunate that I didn't check to see what the outgoing message was going to be for deleted accounts. If you received a message like this....
    Unfortunately your registration at The Wench.Org Forums did not meet our membership requirements. Therefore your registration was deleted.

Sorry,
    The Wench.Org Forums

... I apologize. If you're here, you absolutely DO meet the membership requirements. The outgoing message was confusing, and I would have changed it to something else if I had realized it would make it sound as if you're not welcome here. YOU are welcome here. The 900 spambot accounts were NOT.

As I said, this was a one-time thing. Your account will not be deleted again if you choose to re-register (which I hope you do). We've taken some pretty aggressive steps to combat spam over the past few weeks, so hopefully this kind of frustrating situation won't happen again. If you'd like to learn more about the steps we've taken, see this thread.

Please contact me with any questions, and please accept my apology for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Forum Newbie Hanna is an unknown quantity at this point Hanna's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: If you received an email saying your account was deleted, PLEASE READ

It's ok... Mercury is not in any of my houses, currently... so miscommunications are abound.

Madame Chatterbox Gemdrite is a name known to all Gemdrite is a name known to all Gemdrite is a name known to all Gemdrite is a name known to all Gemdrite is a name known to all Gemdrite is a name known to all Gemdrite's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: If you received an email saying your account was deleted, PLEASE READ

Wow...a spambot posting on a thread...about deleting spam accounts. Gotta love that one!
    "For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"What is faith? Is it to believe that which is evident? No. It is perfectly evident to my mind that there exists a necessary, eternal, supreme, and intelligent being. This is no matter of faith, but of reason." -Voltaire

Independent Scentsy Consultant - Scentsy Wickless Candles - https://gemdrite.scentsy.us/

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information