+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: the patch, the pill, oh my!

Gifted with Gab Abigail is on a distinguished road
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default the patch, the pill, oh my!

Hey Wenches-

Since I have gone sooooo long without the love of a good chewtoy, I find myself in a quandry.

I need to go to planned parenthood and get some Birthcontrol. I've done the pill forever, so I cna always do that, but I can also get the patch. I instist on condoms (I should own stock in a latex company), but I like using a back up method too.

ANy suggestions? Hints? What do other Wenches of muchkin bearing age use? I wish to bear nothing. I have a hard enough time with my cat.

Abigail,
    gonna get herself some monkey lovin' at Estrella!!
    IWG # 2354
    That one red headed girl
    Sexy 14th Century Woman

\"Man,There are a million fine looking women in the world, but not all of them bring you lasagna to work, most of them just cheat on you.\" -Silent Bob, Clerks

Madame Chatterbox emalia is on a distinguished road emalia's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

I would suggest the patch, I haven't used it, but it just seems easiest to me as there isn't a daily requirement to reemmber, I have a bad enough time remembering to water the dead plants outside.. And I would forget to feed the FurKids if they didn't remind me so well to fee them.
    Emalia
    Former FL Madame, Local #21
    **Luscious and Legal Steamy, Sultry Wenches of the South **
    IWG # 371, Madame
    BARD #57
    FabricFanatic #7
    AKA Capt. Kitty Bludsnatch of the PMS Tiempo del Mes

Indian Name.. She Who Sits With Cats

A good friend will come and bail me out of jail...but, Bonnie will be sitting next to me saying, "Damn...that was fun!" With Nikki on the other side trying to squeeze out between bursts of laughter, "Well, that didn' t work out how I thought it would!" and Fallon sitting at the end still drunkenly singing "Roll Your Leg Over" while trying not to snarf!

Verbose Veteran Bean is a jewel in the rough Bean is a jewel in the rough Bean is a jewel in the rough Bean is a jewel in the rough Bean's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

I personally like the pill. I leave the darn things right on the nightstand so I remember to take them every day. I also have been on the things forever (the better part of 20 years), so I guess it's just force of habit.

Hope you get some good lovin' soon......

Betsy
    Bean, the last brunette of the herd
    IWG #2158
    Acting Madame of Vice
    PA Local 9 3/4 (taking over the world, one faire at a time)
    REAP #35
    GWT #27
    Bodice set on stun
    Keeper of the pygmies
    The wandering wench

Gifted with Gab Leela will become famous soon enough Leela's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Have to say the pill works fine. Been using it as well for 15 years and beyond the initial adjustment to find the right one, haven't had any problems,

Haven't tried the patch either, but if you have a history of dermatitis in your family, you may want to try a test patch to see if you get any reaction before going for it. Otherwise, sounds great...one less thing to remember to do in the morning!

Cheers,
    Leela, The Limner Wench #1990
    "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katharine Hepburn

Gifted with Gab Leela will become famous soon enough Leela's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oh, and a little refresher on STD's is probably a good idea, while your at it.

Just to play it even safer...

Glad you're a condom queen. It's dangerous out there, girlfriend!
    Leela, The Limner Wench #1990
    "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katharine Hepburn

Forum Freak PirateKisses is an unknown quantity at this point PirateKisses's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've been using the NuvaRing since August and I have to tell you, it rocks! It goes in for three weeks and you toss it the beginning of the 4th week. The 4th week you have your period then the next Sunday in goes a new Ring. It's made of soft flexible material that goes where it's comfortable for you.

I have my BF do what he calls "ring retrival and removal" and the insertion of the new ring. It keeps him involved in what's going on with my body and makes him an active part of cycles.

If you go to their website, you can get a coupon printed out for a free ring. My doctor has given me several already. I think I was the first in his office to use.

Glad to hear you're getting your "groove" back, Abigail!
    PK
    who is now one seriously "groovy" wench

Verbose Veteran daBaroness is a glorious beacon of light daBaroness is a glorious beacon of light daBaroness is a glorious beacon of light daBaroness is a glorious beacon of light daBaroness is a glorious beacon of light daBaroness is a glorious beacon of light daBaroness's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

There is also Norplant and shots you get every few (three I think) months. I did the pill thing for years. Fortunately most of the time I wasn't really sexually active because I forgot a whole lot. I'd go with whatever is easiest to use and easiest NOT to forget ... forgetting is the devil's workshop.

I had my tubes tied, fried, and laid to the side when I had my youngest son at age 35. Little did I know I needn't have bothered - my romantic life since that time has can be described in two words: slim (and) none.

I'm just looking forward to the day I stop this monthly visit by Aunt Flo nonsense ... I'm gonna be 47 - I'm ready for it to be over!

da Baroness

Wenchin' Since the 70s

Baroness d'Livonia, Velvette Duvet, Esther h'Ormone
    MCL #1257

There's a special place in hell for women who don't help other women. ~Madeline Albright

Gifted with Gab cyd is an unknown quantity at this point cyd's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKisses
    I've been using the NuvaRing since August and I have to tell you, it rocks! It goes in for three weeks and you toss it the beginning of the 4th week. The 4th week you have your period then the next Sunday in goes a new Ring. It's made of soft flexible material that goes where it's comfortable for you.

I have my BF do what he calls "ring retrival and removal" and the insertion of the new ring. It keeps him involved in what's going on with my body and makes him an active part of cycles.

If you go to their website, you can get a coupon printed out for a free ring. My doctor has given me several already. I think I was the first in his office to use.

Glad to hear you're getting your "groove" back, Abigail!
    PK
    who is now one seriously "groovy" wench
    Okay, serious question: What kind of side effects do you get with the ring?

I've been having issues with the pill (several different varieties), and I'm wanting to try something else in the hopes I won't get some of the side effects I'm getting from the pill. My GYN won't give me an IUD because I haven't had kids yet, and she's afraid that if I get an infection that leaves me sterile I'll sue the pants off of her (she's not going to remain my GYN for long, but that's not the only reason... Anyone who tells me "go find a psychiatrist" when I tell her what the pill does to my drive is NOT someone I want remaining my GYN for long... I saw her once. Never again. Every side effect I was getting was apparently in my head. She even told me "go read a book". Bitch. Excuse me).

I'm on too many medications to just go with a condom, I don't like the odds of getting pregnant when I'm not prepared to do so. When I'm ready for kids eventually, I'll get off all of my other medications, but if I'm on them when I try to get pregnant, there's all kinds of likelihood for a baby with it's head born on backwards or developmental disabilities, and I don't want to risk it. This was something else the doc didn't seem to get.

Has anyone else run the gamute of birth control pills who can tell me what seemed to produce the least side effects?

Cyd (frustrated and hunting for a new GYN)

Wily Wench Pamela, Strawberry Tart is an unknown quantity at this point Pamela, Strawberry Tart's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default NuvaRing, Depo Provera and other things...

Hey!
    My Mumzilla has worked in OB/GYN for 25 years, and actually called me the other week to tell me about NuvaRing, in case I wanted to go back on birth control. (I'm having a dry spell the size of the Gobi Desert, so there's no need right now.) She says that NuvaRing is getting EXCELLENT reviews from all who have tried it. It is a hormone, so the side effects are about the same as the Pill and the Patch, though with less nausea than people get with the Pill. Depo-Provera (the 3-month Shot) is also reportedly very good as well, but it's a bit too much for my little needle-fearing, PCOS-laden butt to handle. NorPlant were the little sticks that were put under the skin in one's arm, but was taken off the market due to too many problems, so it's no longer an option.

Hope this helps!
    Pamela, Strawberry Tart
    IWG #52
    Relationship Matador: Entice! Evade! Olé!
    Cigarette Girl of the Apocalypse, "Cigarettes? Sulfur? Brimstone?"
    Potted Fox Design Mistress

"Yep, that's MY knight. Get your own."

Forum Freak PirateKisses is an unknown quantity at this point PirateKisses's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

I was on Depo for 4 yrs after Rhiannon was born and when I went off it a year ago last month, I bled for 6 weeks straight. So needless to say, I'll never go Depo again.

As for the side effects with the NuvaRing, I can't really say that I've had any. I can tell you that my sex life is incredibly spontaneous (which is a good thing) BUT my partner and I are a fluid bonded couple who have been together for a while. I worried that the ring itself would make me itch because the adhesive in the patch did. No such problem. No weight gain from it, no headaches other than my normal hormone related headaches that I get every month. I'm sold on the NuvaRing. It's never diminished my sex drive, which is frighteningly high. Even after my going through a thyroid removal and all the system backlash from that, my drive has remained really high. If anything, the boyfriend has trouble keeping up with me. He swears it's because I've hit that "prime part" of my cycle. I think it's just because I totally enjoy it and him. Men, go fig...

PK

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information