+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tattoo enthusiasts...

Forum Freak Lady Gaea is an unknown quantity at this point Lady Gaea's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Tattoo enthusiasts...

Anyone into tattoos should appreciate this - I got a very bad tattoo years and years ago, when I was young and stupid. (now I'm just stupid. LOL) I didn't do enough research on the person who did it, and it turned out that she was experimenting on me, and the pictures of her work she showed me, were not her work. I've been waiting a long time to get the courage to get it redone, because I knew it would be a very large undertaking and take multiple sittings. I got my belly tattoo from Bret a few years ago, and he's been nagging me ever since to come get the dragon reworked. I went after Xmas and had him do a water dragon and rework the little vine around my ankle, and he talked me into coming back in a month to start reworking the dragon.

We talked about some ideas, and basically I said I wanted a really awesome looking dragon, nothing like Puff or cutesy, and the entire design was up to him, because I've seen his ideas on other people, and he's an amazing artist.

So here's the link to what he came up with:
    http://www.bretzarro.com/default.cfm...wPic&PicID=210
    He drew the entire thing freehand on my leg before doing the outline, then adding the shading, then adding the skull rocks as an afterthought, because they're more fun than plain rocks. Right now, all that's there is the blackwash work, and I go back in a month for the colour.

I'm so excited to wear shorts again this summer! LOL. Just thought I'd show off a little bit. I'm sooooo happy with how this is coming out! Tattoos are so addictive.

Heather
    \"It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.\"
    \"In the battle between you and the world, bet on the world.\"
    \"Not all pain is gain.\"
    -www.despair.com

Wily Wench Aries is an unknown quantity at this point Aries's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sweety that's beautiful!! I can't WAIT to see it finished!! Good luck! And yes...they are very, very addicting.
    Aries
    THE Wonder Wench

Eternal Keeper of the Dragon\'s Heart and Devoted protector of the Faeries\' of the Wood.

Valens et Votens - Strong and Unyielding

Til that one day my love....

Wily Wench Guinevere is on a distinguished road Guinevere's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Wow!

It looks incredible!

I have a few tats myself, one of them is an unfinished piece by a friend of mine who i just can't seem to nag into finishing it. He did some of it in a hurry so I could have it for Ozzfest, but it's still my favorite.

Gwen
    Wench # 957
    International Wench of Mystery
    "In my opinion, a horse is the animal to have. 1300 pounds of raw muscle, power, grace, and sweat between your legs - it's something you just can't get from a pet hamster"

Wily Wench vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point vanessa's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

He is awesome to overcome the original dragon like that!!!! You are lucky to have such a great artist at hand.... :)
    Vanessa
    IWG Magically Wenchilicious #1392
    IWG Local #24
    Wytchy Wenchy Womyn #2
    RenMerc #422, Battle Bytch
    PFS #9 (Pricked Finger Society)
    Garbwhore #16
    Fabric Addict #6
    Pickle Minion #15

badgerbadgerbadgermushroommushroombadgerbadgerbadg erarghsnakebadgerbadgerbadger

Wily Wench Belladonna is an unknown quantity at this point Belladonna's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hell yeah that's some excellent work. I have two right now, and am waiting for my friend to draw my third. First was a celtic knot with a triple cresent moon super imposed on it. The other is a harp with ivy wrapped around it and with celtic knotwork.

My next one is an angel. Half fallen, half not.
    Let the warriors clamor after gods of blood and thunder; love is hard, harder then steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides, and life and death alike follow in its wake…..”Kushiels Chosen”, p. 532 Jacqueline Carey

Belladonna Sinclair aka Mary\"Misery\"Crimson
    IWG #792 Madame Cum Laude
    Local #21
    First Mate to the Tiempo des Mes
    Entertainment Director and Morale Coordinator of the Wayward Privateer

Indian Name: Little Tumbling Panda

Member of Local 69 Verbose Veteran Tink will become famous soon enough Tink will become famous soon enough Tink's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

I like tats...but I'd want it somewhere I could see it and where it wouldn't KILL to get it, so my ankle is out....only other places I like them are small ones on the hip and ones on the lower back.

The hip I'll do if I ever get my belly flat, or else I'll never show it to anyone....LOL

The lower back is so over-done now...(no offense to those who have one there...just seems every chick you see has one there now...) PLUS, I am guessing it hurts getting it there too AND again...I'd not be able to see it without two mirros or contorting myself in ways that, if I was able to manuever...I could make some serious cash as a side-show freak....LOL

Oh...Upper arm or band tats, but in order for me to be happy with it there...I'd have to have super toned arms ala Linda Hamilton in Terminator 2, in order to feel i could carry one off. Plus I have freckles on my arm and I think a "blank" canvas is a better background.

Now that I am seriously considering teaching...any tats in a place that shows is OUT.

Soooo, I guess I'll just have to admire everyone else's instead of any of my own.....
    Tink
    Wench 200 MCL Local 69 FOREVER
    THE Bodice Goddess tm
    TEAM BOB (sorry Pathos)

AG #10 ...I do *not* aim to please.
    Capt Menstruella DeVille of the PMS Scallyrag
    "Retaining the Seven Seas" -Ship motto
    "Better late than never!!" -Ship battle cry
    The Margaritavillainess
    When life gives you lemons...ask for tequila and salt!!
    SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES...........
    They are not really good for anything......BUT........
    They still bring a smile to your face
    When you push them down a flight of stairs.

Even if I don't care that Timmy fell down the well, it doesn't mean I have to kick Lassie in the ass for telling me about it.

Member of Local 77 Gifted with Gab AllieSutherland is on a distinguished road AllieSutherland's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

LOL Tink... when I was doing my student teaching, I dropped a book and bent over to pick it up, and my fourth graders saw my tattoo on my lower back (a Celtic eternity symbol). I won a place in their minds as the "cool" teacher! LOL!!!

That was my main reason for getting my tattoos in hidden places.

However, I also had a close friend in college (in teaching elem. school) that had five piercings in each eyebrow, 2 in mouth, 3 in nose, and 10 up each ear. Much to my (and her) astonishment, the college never said anything to her about it while she did her student teaching. I'm shocked, because they told us everything from how long our skirts should be (two in. below knee) to how much makeup we could wear and not receive a deduction when we were evaluated. Maybe they feared she'd sue (which she planned to do, if confronted).

XOXOXOXOX
    Allie
    IWG #2053 (MCL), Merc #743 (Battle Bytch), IFoRP #1208 (Cook aboard The Thanos), Bard #353 (Pinmistress), Pub Club (ATF) #118, LVH #95, RenGeek
    Local Madame Emeritus, Local 77 (KY/TN)
    Tully's Wenchlove
    BFOB & Broadfoot's Harem
    Queen Bee Pooh of the Boo Bees
    Sin-tillating Allie, 1/2 of the Sin Twins -- "Double the Pleasure; none of the guilt!"
    1/2 of Laverne & Shirley: Rennie Style -- Schlamiel, Schlamazel!
    Mistress of the Rennie Bus and the Power Wheelchair O' Doom
    Hell(ion) on Wheels... watch your toes! :)
    Eternal Acolyte to Ralphie Parker and Red Ryder Carbine Action 200 Shot Lightning Loader Range Model Air Rifles
    I got Rogued! 11/13/09

Needs a Hobby Mairi the Herbwench is an unknown quantity at this point Mairi the Herbwench's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've got one right now - had it for about 15 years, before Celtic knots came into vogue. It's on my lower left abdomen - which is bigger now than it used to be - and I want a second on my back to celebrate 5 years of being cancer free - I'm now, officially, a statistical survivor of melanome - get your skin checked! I want a dragonfly (symbol of long life and health) but I want a Celtic element added to it, and I'm still searching for ideas - any are welcome! The abdomen didn't hurt at all - it's well padded. The area on my back Iwant done is also a bit fleshier than the spine. I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to that type of pain...
    Mairi the Herbwench
    Madame Cum Laude #282
    "The Evil HenchWench"

"I do not believe in using women in combat, because females are too fierce."
    Margaret Mead

Member of Local 69 Verbose Veteran Tink will become famous soon enough Tink will become famous soon enough Tink's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Mairi the Herbwench
    I've got one right now - had it for about 15 years, before Celtic knots came into vogue. It's on my lower left abdomen - which is bigger now than it used to be - and I want a second on my back to celebrate 5 years of being cancer free - I'm now, officially, a statistical survivor of melanome - get your skin checked! I want a dragonfly (symbol of long life and health) but I want a Celtic element added to it, and I'm still searching for ideas - any are welcome! The abdomen didn't hurt at all - it's well padded. The area on my back Iwant done is also a bit fleshier than the spine. I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to that type of pain...
    Congrats on being cancer free!!!

If I ever get one...I'd do something Celtic with Tinkerbell (hence my screen name CelTink...lol) ....something small and feminine....
    Tink
    Wench 200 MCL Local 69 FOREVER
    THE Bodice Goddess tm
    TEAM BOB (sorry Pathos)

AG #10 ...I do *not* aim to please.
    Capt Menstruella DeVille of the PMS Scallyrag
    "Retaining the Seven Seas" -Ship motto
    "Better late than never!!" -Ship battle cry
    The Margaritavillainess
    When life gives you lemons...ask for tequila and salt!!
    SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES...........
    They are not really good for anything......BUT........
    They still bring a smile to your face
    When you push them down a flight of stairs.

Even if I don't care that Timmy fell down the well, it doesn't mean I have to kick Lassie in the ass for telling me about it.

Guild Royalty - Elected Official Verbose Veteran Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Mairi the Herbwench
    I want a dragonfly (symbol of long life and health) but I want a Celtic element added to it, and I'm still searching for ideas - any are welcome!

Well, dragonflies have these beautiful lacework designs in their wings-- what about a dragonfly with Celtic knotwork wings? It's an odd shape, but I bet it could be done.
    Nikki Cohen
    Mistress Ysobelle
    Madame Cum Laude #111
    Local Madame
    Mount Hope Muses, IWG Local #9
    IWG Guild Representative for the State of PA
    www.MayFaireMoon.com - Corsets & Costumes
    MayFaireMoon.livejournal.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information