+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Okay, it's been a while but... (semi-vent)

Forum Freak kendermom is an unknown quantity at this point kendermom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Okay, it's been a while but... (semi-vent)

I've been lurking... and dealing with 2 kids under 3, and The man going to the Army.

So I'm absolutely outta my mind lonely, not functioning, etc. I found a support board for military so's, but they're so *different*...

Anyway, something went down here last night that has me so pissed that after a night's sleep, I'm still so annoyed I'm on the verge of tears. I really don't know how to handle this person or their crap. The roomie decided at 7:30 last night to have the oldest child take everything off the banister upstairs and 'put it away'. She's 9. And autistic.

So when I went upstairs to get ready to go to bed, the linen closet was open because she had stuffed it full of things that were going to go to charity the next time they make a pick-up. Great. So now I have to clean out the damn closet. AGAIN.

I go into my room and find all the things that were hanging up in the laundry room are on my bed?! 3/4 of it isn't even mine. And I know that he handed those off to her. My bed is covered in folded stuff too; if I would've had a place for that stuff, it would've been put away yesterday afternoon.

And this morning when I went to do the morning wash, his things are in the washer, and all my delicates are in the dryer. Fantastic. Can't talk to D about it, he's in Oklahoma for remedial boot, can't talk to really anyone, because the roomie's on the phone more than a teenager, and most people that I talk to are mutual friends. GAH! Hate this...... GRRRRRRRRRRR
    Last edited by kendermom; 02-03-2009 at 11:55 AM. Reason: because the baby makes typos easy
    Widow Kait o' the Kenders
    Wench 1296
    Toad Mistress 15
    Fabric Fanatic #28
    Kender Trainer Extraordinare
    "No no thats not yours"'s Mommy
    "What are you collecting kids now?"
    Carrier and spreader of Murphy's Law
    Owner and keeper of Evan, THE ORIGINAL big stupid jerk magnet

Madame Chatterbox Lady Laurel will become famous soon enough Lady Laurel will become famous soon enough Lady Laurel's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Okay, it's been a while but... (semi-vent)

All I can say is "hugs" I am not sure what I would do but sit the roomie down and have a very long talk...
    Love, Light, and Laughter
    IWG #886
    Nefarious #7 GWT #19
    Proud to be a wench
    Owned and Loved by a Cat.....Meow

Member of Local 96 Madame Chatterbox Torra is a jewel in the rough Torra is a jewel in the rough Torra is a jewel in the rough Torra is a jewel in the rough Torra's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

If it's affecting you that much, I'd say that you and the roomie need to have a talk about what is and is not acceptable behavior for both of you. Maybe schedule meetings so you have communication that's a routine about what's working, what needs work, and any other odds and ends that happen in the course of life.
    38.2% FaireFolk pure (61.8% FaireFolk corrupt)

The Tea Wench - #3445

The cup is always half-full; it's just that sometimes it's half-full of empty.
    http://thecrackedcup.wordpress.com

Madame Chatterbox Bronya has a spectacular aura about Bronya has a spectacular aura about Bronya's Avatar
    241 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth (RPFS)
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry sweets....that is always a headache for you. I so wish you could get out! At least I have this for you
    Bronya Huelwin-Lasarina
    Keeper of the Vineyards
    IWG #751-Madame
    Toad Mistress #1
    R.E.A.P. #2-The Original Dainty Dozen
    Friends of Faire-RPFS
    IFoRP #26-(Admiral Saffron Korrie-Aynder)
    ...yes I am a pirate, 200 years to late, the canons don't thunder, there's nothing to plunder...J.Buffet

"...I like the bed I'm sleeping in, just like me it's broken in...When I look in the mirror, I don't hate what I see, just a few more lines looking back at me...I'm not old, just older"-bonjovi

Registered User Wily Wench Black Delia is on a distinguished road Black Delia's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

17 years ago and more, my own hubby was a navy man and out more to sea than on shore. Then he got out and we lead a pretty normal life (from other people's perspectives) for around 15 years.

With the employment market as it has been since around the beginning of 2005, he finally took the plunge and now drives semi's over the road for a living... he 'might' be home one day a week (thats if I'm lucky and he is sometimes away for two or three weeks at a time). A LOT of things go undone if I don't do them for myself.

Thank HEAVENS I don't have 2-legged children to make the situation even harder (any more. I did when he was in the navy), the four-legged and finned variety of "needy little ones" is hard enough, the blessing there is that they can't back-talk me (though there are times they 'do' try).

My best and only advise is get a secret hobby. MAKE yourself take an hour a day to decompress, dear. Its the only way to keep things sane and to continue to feel like you have your own identity and aren't just an extension of other people. ESPECIALLY because you have a child with special needs. Mine had the need for a bit of extra care, I can't imagine how much harder it is on you and how much stronger you must be because of it.

I've always believed that the higher and unseen powers (who, or whatever it is that you believe in), never give us more than we can truly handle. How very special you must be... for those higher powers to have entrusted you with a soul as special as a little one that have the need for 'more' than a normal mother must give!

As for your roommate. They are an adult.. remind them of that. Nicely, but make your point.
    Cordelia Rene' Marie-Genevieve Le' Taupe (IWG #2159 - MCL)
    Nth le Vidamesse du Rouen - Baisons de Vie!
    The Double-barrel Wench
    Partisan cohort du Laird Cullen Dracmor
    aka:
    Captain Black 'Delia (IFoRP #413)
    Commanding Wine Dark Sea
    So many letters of marque, so little time...
    Mon dieu! I know I had that silly pin right on the bunk next to my letters of marque and my...
    HEY! Who stole my cabin-boy!?
    aka:
    Mahidavran (Aiyu)
    2nd wife and Favored harem huzzah of Suleyman Khan I
    (Sulliedman the Mundaneficent)
    She's the 'mean' one (They 'likes' the mean ones)

This RenRat is 19.1% FaireFolk pure (80.9% FaireFolk corrupt)

Wily Wench Bevin will become famous soon enough Bevin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Black Delia View Post
    How very special you must be... for those higher powers to have entrusted you with a soul as special as a little one that have the need for 'more' than a normal mother must give!
    Ummm...I am not any less special because I am a "normal" mother. I'm sure there are many others who would agree with me.
    For those who do not love us, may God turn their hearts. If He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping.

Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver. Take your pick.

Guild Royalty - Elected Official Madame Chatterbox FairieTink will become famous soon enough FairieTink will become famous soon enough FairieTink's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Bevin View Post
    Ummm...I am not any less special because I am a "normal" mother. I'm sure there are many others who would agree with me.
    I don't think she meant you were, but until you have a special needs child you have no idea I have one of each and everyday is a new challange with my daughter. No I am not better than you because of it, but it is way different.
    Vice Madam Local 35 - AZ chapter

Captain Bone Momma - HMS Boner - http://www.igotboned.com

Regional Keeper of Arizona - ODK Member #032
    Privateer # 975, Merc #591, Ren Rat, IWG #2416

Forum Freak kendermom is an unknown quantity at this point kendermom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

It is different... We're so strictly scheduled here. So much changes with that diagnosis...
    Widow Kait o' the Kenders
    Wench 1296
    Toad Mistress 15
    Fabric Fanatic #28
    Kender Trainer Extraordinare
    "No no thats not yours"'s Mommy
    "What are you collecting kids now?"
    Carrier and spreader of Murphy's Law
    Owner and keeper of Evan, THE ORIGINAL big stupid jerk magnet

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information