+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Local blogs? Or topic blogs? Both? Neither? Writers wanted!

Grand Poohbahs Needs a Hobby webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb Local blogs? Or topic blogs? Both? Neither? Writers wanted!

Hey ladies - quick question - do any of you have any interest in writing for either a topical or guild local blog? We can set them up using this new system, but I don't know if anyone would actually use them. For topics, I would thinkm anything faire, guild, guild charity work or woman-related would work. What are your thoughts?

Verbose Veteran Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Local blogs? Or topic blogs? Both? Neither? Writers wanted!

If it were a blog outside of these forums, I say it's a good idea.
    But here, inside the forums to me at least, sounds a bit redundant
    since that's basically what we already do in the different subject catagories.

Grand Poohbahs Needs a Hobby webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

It would be on the site, but separate from the forums, under the Blogs navigation.

While I agree that the functionality is similar to what we're already doing in the forums, I envision the blog posts being different in that because they are separate, they don't get buried as quickly. Forums are great for discussing topical issues, but more general info/advice/etc can get buried pretty quickly. For example, I'm going to start using a Site News type of blog on the site instead of writing a forum post and then making it sticky, so we don't have a big pile of sticky posts to scroll through at the top of every form.
    Last edited by webmistress; 05-10-2010 at 08:54 AM. Reason: fat stupid fingers

Madame Chatterbox Kae will become famous soon enough Kae will become famous soon enough Kae's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am learning this new system - so give me time if there are mistakes.

I like the idea of a blog/journal type section. Areas of expertise could be explored and referred to.
    I would be interested.
    Kae
    Wench Kae
    The Bearer of the Whim of Steel
    Madame cum Laude
    http://AnarqueWood.etsy.com - the store of fine woodcafted items

Guild Royalty - Elected Official Verbose Veteran Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by webmistress View Post
    It would be on the site, but separate from the forums, under the Blogs navigation.

While I agree that the functionality is similar to what we're already doing in the forums, I envision the blog posts being different in that because they are separate, they don't get buried as quickly. Forums are great for discussing topical issues, but more general info/advice/etc can get buried pretty quickly. For example, I'm going to start using a Site News type of blog on the site instead of writing a forum post and then making it sticky, so we don't have a big pile of sticky posts to scroll through at the top of every form.

I like the idea, since, for example, we have people new to the Guild or site asking questions we've seen over and over: what's a fiending? What's a faire favour? It'd be nice to have things like that ready to hand.
    Nikki Cohen
    Mistress Ysobelle
    Madame Cum Laude #111
    Local Madame
    Mount Hope Muses, IWG Local #9
    IWG Guild Representative for the State of PA
    www.MayFaireMoon.com - Corsets & Costumes
    MayFaireMoon.livejournal.com

Member of Local 9 Verbose Veteran Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Ysobelle View Post
    I like the idea, since, for example, we have people new to the Guild or site asking questions we've seen over and over: what's a fiending? What's a faire favour? It'd be nice to have things like that ready to hand.
    Bingo. I don't know how many times I've wanted to refer back to the rose colors. I just can't seem to keep them straight in my brain, and the search function that we used to have was helpful, but difficult to manage if the post was years ago.

Yeah I know it's in the LBB, but who knows where my copy migrated off to?
    AKA The Grammar Goddess - c/o Ravin Raven
    Wench #2889 MCL... S.S.P.F. #3,Mistress of Oral Fixations... IFRP# 1194, Carpenter's Apprentice (Measurer of Wood) on The Wenches Pride,
    Lusty 'Legs' MacBoom.Mommy of the Clan"in vesta genua"
    Aww, did I just step on your poor, itty-bitty ego?(c/o Absinthe)
    PARENT is a VERB!!! Correlation: The children you have are the ones you raised Ergo: The children you have are the ones you deserve.
    I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. ~Robert A. Heinlein
    "The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it." ~Flannery O'Connor
    What's the point of havin' a rapier wit if I can't use it to stab people?~ Jeph Jacques

Downloads
    Uploads

Rose tag rules are already oposted in the main site:
    http://www.wench.org/content.php/26-Rose-Tag
    http://www.wench.org/content.php/25

Was thinking more like experience articles that are written personally, as opposed to official rules and LBB content.

Member of Local 9 Verbose Veteran Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

So more like 'a funny thing happened on the way to the Shire'? or the favorite topic of schoolchildren everywhere 'How I spent my Faire vacation'?

Dressmaker/costuming blogs perhaps?

Why we chose to become pinned?

Or am I off-base still?
    AKA The Grammar Goddess - c/o Ravin Raven
    Wench #2889 MCL... S.S.P.F. #3,Mistress of Oral Fixations... IFRP# 1194, Carpenter's Apprentice (Measurer of Wood) on The Wenches Pride,
    Lusty 'Legs' MacBoom.Mommy of the Clan"in vesta genua"
    Aww, did I just step on your poor, itty-bitty ego?(c/o Absinthe)
    PARENT is a VERB!!! Correlation: The children you have are the ones you raised Ergo: The children you have are the ones you deserve.
    I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. ~Robert A. Heinlein
    "The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it." ~Flannery O'Connor
    What's the point of havin' a rapier wit if I can't use it to stab people?~ Jeph Jacques

Generous Benefactor Verbose Veteran Lady Sarah is a name known to all Lady Sarah is a name known to all Lady Sarah is a name known to all Lady Sarah is a name known to all Lady Sarah is a name known to all Lady Sarah is a name known to all Lady Sarah's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Depending on what you're looking for, I'll tentatively throw my hat in for a blog.
    Lady Sarah Grimm
    Her Grace, Lady Sarah the Edible of Giggleswick under Table

Yup. I'm a Bitch. Thankfully this isn't breaking news.

IWG #2715, Merc #649, REAP #47, SSPF #6 - The Temptress of the Six. AMOK!!
    Free Range Wench!

I... am... Fish Ninja!! (Because Yso said so!)

The Guild of St. Elizabeth I, Gloriana! - God Save the Wardrobe!
    http://armadiodellasignora.blogspot.com/

All Praise The Mighty Rack!
    "Beauty is someone you notice... Charm is someone who notices you." - fortune cookie
    There is no secret ingredient.

Gifted with Gab Thistle will become famous soon enough Thistle will become famous soon enough Thistle's Avatar
    bouncing between Florida, Colorado, Connecticut, Arizona and Missouri
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds like fun. Would love to read a series of blogs about each faire throughout the season

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information