+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Web site

Guild Royalty - Elected Official Verbose Veteran Gellis Indigo is a jewel in the rough Gellis Indigo is a jewel in the rough Gellis Indigo is a jewel in the rough Gellis Indigo's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Web site

I also went to the homepage when I saw it looked different. However, my years of working with people have taught me that what seems like common sense to some, isn't to others.

I was just trying to come up with a way to avoid the multiple posts of "when did this happen", and "why does this look different". Whatevs.
    Gellis Indigo
    Madame Emeritus of Local 57 - Wenches of All Flavors
    IWG #3410
    Original Raggaminion
    Lost Viking #323
    Sisterhood of the Eternal Cleavage
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." ~ Emerson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Governments tend not to solve problems, only to rearrange them."- Ronald Reagan

Member of Local 9 Verbose Veteran Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gellis, I wasn't ragging on you. I just don't think a sticky will stop the 'wha happun?' posts any more than the main post already does. If people wanna ask rather than look - be it for a sticky or the home page - that's what's gonna occur. *shrug*
    AKA The Grammar Goddess - c/o Ravin Raven
    Wench #2889 MCL... S.S.P.F. #3,Mistress of Oral Fixations... IFRP# 1194, Carpenter's Apprentice (Measurer of Wood) on The Wenches Pride,
    Lusty 'Legs' MacBoom.Mommy of the Clan"in vesta genua"
    Aww, did I just step on your poor, itty-bitty ego?(c/o Absinthe)
    PARENT is a VERB!!! Correlation: The children you have are the ones you raised Ergo: The children you have are the ones you deserve.
    I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. ~Robert A. Heinlein
    "The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it." ~Flannery O'Connor
    What's the point of havin' a rapier wit if I can't use it to stab people?~ Jeph Jacques

Guild Royalty - Elected Official Verbose Veteran Gellis Indigo is a jewel in the rough Gellis Indigo is a jewel in the rough Gellis Indigo is a jewel in the rough Gellis Indigo's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix McHeit View Post
    If people wanna ask rather than look - be it for a sticky or the home page - that's what's gonna occur. *shrug*
    Oh, I know. But the teacher in me, that tries to drill the whole "being self sufficient" thing into high school brains, likes to try to find ways to make that happen!
    Gellis Indigo
    Madame Emeritus of Local 57 - Wenches of All Flavors
    IWG #3410
    Original Raggaminion
    Lost Viking #323
    Sisterhood of the Eternal Cleavage
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." ~ Emerson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Governments tend not to solve problems, only to rearrange them."- Ronald Reagan

Grand Poohbahs Needs a Hobby webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Heh - ironically, one of the reasons for the revamp/upgrade is because I wanted the homepage to be something you guys look at more often. It's been pretty static for a long time, and I'm hoping to change that.

I've felt liek the only thing of real value on this site is the forums for many years. And while I love that they're valuable, part of the reason for paying for the upgrade was to help give us the tools we need to make the whole site interesting again. Obviously, the lions share of the activity is still going to happen on the forums, but we now have a unified CMS that will let us have a lot more control over user generated content, and the ability to work it in throughout the site.

I actually just un-stickied a few things that were sticky - partly because until I upgrade those modules, the functionality is either broken or different. I'd like to think that if people are that freaked out by the change in look, they'll check the homepage to find out what's up ;)

Madame Chatterbox Bronya has a spectacular aura about Bronya has a spectacular aura about Bronya's Avatar
    241 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth (RPFS)
    Downloads
    Uploads

Speaking of upgrades and all the work you do for us. Can we "paypal" you again to help?
    Last edited by Bronya; 05-19-2010 at 08:16 PM. Reason: typo
    Bronya Huelwin-Lasarina
    Keeper of the Vineyards
    IWG #751-Madame
    Toad Mistress #1
    R.E.A.P. #2-The Original Dainty Dozen
    Friends of Faire-RPFS
    IFoRP #26-(Admiral Saffron Korrie-Aynder)
    ...yes I am a pirate, 200 years to late, the canons don't thunder, there's nothing to plunder...J.Buffet

"...I like the bed I'm sleeping in, just like me it's broken in...When I look in the mirror, I don't hate what I see, just a few more lines looking back at me...I'm not old, just older"-bonjovi

Grand Poohbahs Needs a Hobby webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress has much to be proud of webmistress's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Bronya View Post
    Speaking of upgrades and all the work you do for us. Can we "paypal" you again to help?
    You may, but no one should feel obligated, and I'm not just saying that. :)

Generous Benefactor Verbose Veteran Lady Sarah is a name known to all Lady Sarah is a name known to all Lady Sarah is a name known to all Lady Sarah is a name known to all Lady Sarah is a name known to all Lady Sarah is a name known to all Lady Sarah's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by webmistress View Post
    You may, but no one should feel obligated, and I'm not just saying that. :)
    and an address we can shoot some coinage off to you?
    Lady Sarah Grimm
    Her Grace, Lady Sarah the Edible of Giggleswick under Table

Yup. I'm a Bitch. Thankfully this isn't breaking news.

IWG #2715, Merc #649, REAP #47, SSPF #6 - The Temptress of the Six. AMOK!!
    Free Range Wench!

I... am... Fish Ninja!! (Because Yso said so!)

The Guild of St. Elizabeth I, Gloriana! - God Save the Wardrobe!
    http://armadiodellasignora.blogspot.com/

All Praise The Mighty Rack!
    "Beauty is someone you notice... Charm is someone who notices you." - fortune cookie
    There is no secret ingredient.

Downloads
    Uploads

[email protected], of course :) But I really mean it - please don't feel obligated. I do this because I want to, not because I'm looking for anything in return.

Wily Wench littlekitty381 can only hope to improve littlekitty381's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Re: Web site

Thank you for doing so.. HUGS
    Last edited by littlekitty381; 05-20-2010 at 06:19 AM.
    Madam Mary
    Founder of IWG Local #26 - The Pacific NorthWest Wenches
    (IWG # 3060 - Madame Cum Laude)
    "Once a Wench, Always a Wench."

Madame Chatterbox Bronya has a spectacular aura about Bronya has a spectacular aura about Bronya's Avatar
    241 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth (RPFS)
    Downloads
    Uploads

Snipe- All us seasoned wenches know how hard you have worked on this for us for years. We also know you don't expect it, that is why I asked. Send to your paypal to [email protected]? Thanks again.
    Bronya Huelwin-Lasarina
    Keeper of the Vineyards
    IWG #751-Madame
    Toad Mistress #1
    R.E.A.P. #2-The Original Dainty Dozen
    Friends of Faire-RPFS
    IFoRP #26-(Admiral Saffron Korrie-Aynder)
    ...yes I am a pirate, 200 years to late, the canons don't thunder, there's nothing to plunder...J.Buffet

"...I like the bed I'm sleeping in, just like me it's broken in...When I look in the mirror, I don't hate what I see, just a few more lines looking back at me...I'm not old, just older"-bonjovi

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information