+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Brrrr!

Member of Local 13 Needs a Hobby RaevynCait has a spectacular aura about RaevynCait has a spectacular aura about RaevynCait's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Brrrr!

North Texas is COLDER than it's been in a long time... 16 degrees outside my door with an inch of snow atop a layer of ice that I've no clue on the thickness of, and fellow wench Erinesse & her Rogue have headed out to the ranch where they care for miniature horses, and as of a few minutes ago, the wind chill was barely 1 degree.
    My boss declared the office closed. DFW airport closed for the first time since I can remember in my life, aside from the 9-11 closings that shut down all of the airports.

I know that a good portion of the country is hunkered down trying to stay warm!
    Raevyn

IWG 3450
    Lady Evyl Squiggle MacGiggle
    Wench at Large #2 (So Sayeth the Countess), CW #21
    PipeWench
    b00bEnabler to the Canadian
    Sunblock Nazi
    Center of all Evil

15.1% FaireFolk pure (84.9% FaireFolk corrupt).

"My darling girl, when are you going to understand that 'normal' isn't a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ---Practical Magic
    Love is like paint,...it makes things beautiful when you spread it, ...but it will dry up if you don't use it--- Fortune Cookie

Madame Chatterbox AnnaFaerie is a jewel in the rough AnnaFaerie is a jewel in the rough AnnaFaerie is a jewel in the rough AnnaFaerie's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Brrrr!

It is snowing sideways up here. The storm has raged on for most of the night. The lightening and thunder was a wonder to behold. *laughing* It feels like -1 here (Saint Jo. TX).

Staying warm might be a challenge today. The wind is sucking the warmth right out of the house. *chuckle* That's what I get for loving old houses.
    Mom of four...Grannie of six.
    Member of the Swagger Inn
    The Guild of Saint Elizabeth I, Gloriana! #1
    Founder of Renaissance Remembered..a costume shop, The Crazy Quilters..four women who do more than just quilt.
    Twin A of "Double Trouble" since 1955
    The B of B&K since 1964
    One half of the BE Originals...8-6-1973.
    Keeper of the The Enchanted Circle (a standing stone circle)
    She who sees spirits

Verbose Veteran Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Up here in Western NY, we're expecting up to 15" of snow in the next couple days.
    Going out this afternoon and getting a few essentials and more cat food.
    Fireplaces are keeping us warm and toasty.

Member of Local 9 Verbose Veteran Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've no idea what the temp is here in southern PA, but it's FARGIN COLD. We're getting a mix of sleet and freezing rain right now, which is making it oh-so-lovely to get anywhere. Supposed to continue all day today, overnight, and into tomorrow. I went grocery shopping yesterday so I don't really have to leave the house; that's a relief.

Cold and damp wreak havoc on my pain receptors, so I'm having a banner day. Joy. I'm currently snuggled up under my electric blanket trying to make my knees stop aching.

On a brighter note, schools have closed today, so my background noise is the laughter of my boys, downstairs playing video games and sniping each other. Gawds I adore my family!
    AKA The Grammar Goddess - c/o Ravin Raven
    Wench #2889 MCL... S.S.P.F. #3,Mistress of Oral Fixations... IFRP# 1194, Carpenter's Apprentice (Measurer of Wood) on The Wenches Pride,
    Lusty 'Legs' MacBoom.Mommy of the Clan"in vesta genua"
    Aww, did I just step on your poor, itty-bitty ego?(c/o Absinthe)
    PARENT is a VERB!!! Correlation: The children you have are the ones you raised Ergo: The children you have are the ones you deserve.
    I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. ~Robert A. Heinlein
    "The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it." ~Flannery O'Connor
    What's the point of havin' a rapier wit if I can't use it to stab people?~ Jeph Jacques

Forum Newbie Dani Petersen is an unknown quantity at this point Dani Petersen's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

it's currently about 15 degrees in Des Moines, but a blizzard warning starts at about noon. schools haven't closed yet (almost never do up here) and i hope to God the maintenance guys come in to fix my furnace today cause otherwise it could be a bit nippy in my place. Seems like a perfect day for a good book, cup of coffee/tea/cocoa and a blanket.
    Dani Petersen
    IWG #3973
    Local #29

A woman whose smile is open and whose expression is glad has a kind of beauty no matter what she wears. - Anne Roiphe

If you can still breathe, its not laced tight enough

Forum Freak Emmaline Love is on a distinguished road Emmaline Love's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just waiting for the blizzard to start here in central Illinois... Been under a blizzard warning since 6AM and it goes until noon tomorrow... expecting power outages and 20-24" inches of snow in the next 18 hours... I have tons of food that doesn't require preparation (my entire apartment runs on electricity- heat and stove included), blankets, jugs of water, and candles w/ lighters... This is my first blizzard on my own and it makes me miss my home and especially my Mommy!! lol
    ~*~*Emmaline Love*~*~

IWG #3653

My generation is the future of America... Be afraid, very afraid

Verbose Veteran WenchLadyKate has a spectacular aura about WenchLadyKate has a spectacular aura about WenchLadyKate has a spectacular aura about WenchLadyKate's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

In NJ, it seems that rice is falling from the sky. There are mounds of snow EVERYWHERE and more is expected in the next few days. There is noplace left to put it and the state is running out of salt. I've already fallen on the ice, gotten a concussion and broken my tailbone.

In the words of the great Jimmy Buffet, "I wanna go where it's warm!"
    Move along, nothing to see here...

Member of Local 13 Needs a Hobby RaevynCait has a spectacular aura about RaevynCait has a spectacular aura about RaevynCait's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

we are up to about 2 inches here at Castle Wford, and it's still swirling out there. Funny thing is, none of the radar shows anything falling in the area at the moment, yet I see it falling from the sky (as opposed to just being blown around from branches, the roof, or the cars. I've already been told by my HR manager not to go anywhere tomorrow until I hear from her, as well as anticipating some work on Saturday to catch up on some of what gets behind. She's not sure we'll be back to work before Friday...
    Yep, I live in TX, I'm a weenie about the cold and bad roads!
    Raevyn

IWG 3450
    Lady Evyl Squiggle MacGiggle
    Wench at Large #2 (So Sayeth the Countess), CW #21
    PipeWench
    b00bEnabler to the Canadian
    Sunblock Nazi
    Center of all Evil

15.1% FaireFolk pure (84.9% FaireFolk corrupt).

"My darling girl, when are you going to understand that 'normal' isn't a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ---Practical Magic
    Love is like paint,...it makes things beautiful when you spread it, ...but it will dry up if you don't use it--- Fortune Cookie

Madame Chatterbox Adriana Rose will become famous soon enough Adriana Rose will become famous soon enough Adriana Rose's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Its fargen cold in northern Colorado! The weather said that there is a -23 wind chill at the moment and thank goodness there is no snow falling so that saves me from shoveling in fricken cold temps!
    Wench#2801
    Local#35
    Garb Diva#58

I got Boned at the Arizona Renaissance Festival!!

Momma of the Littlest Pirate

A girl can never have too much jewelry, and too many sharp and pointies.

Some days it just isn't worth the effort to chew through the leather straps.....

Flower Floozy extrodinair!

The Vintage Hussy

Madame to Local 13 Madame Chatterbox Isabelle Fawkes has a spectacular aura about Isabelle Fawkes has a spectacular aura about Isabelle Fawkes's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Great, now we have rotational blackouts from the electric company! Glad I bought that generator a couple years ago.

Isabelle Fawkes
    Madame of Local 13

IWG #2016
    Pub Club #116
    DG #272

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information