+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: So... what's new?

Member of Local 96 Madame Chatterbox Torra is a jewel in the rough Torra is a jewel in the rough Torra is a jewel in the rough Torra is a jewel in the rough Torra's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: So... what's new?

daB, you consistently impress me, whether with your words or attitude. I'm so glad you've found renewed life in the moment and are happy with you.

I've really enjoyed catching up on everyone's lives in this thread - y'all are awesome. I've been waiting to make 100% sure it was going to work out before saying anything, but now I am, so here goes: we bought our first house! We're closing in 30 days, but not moving in until our lease is up in May. Thankfully, the current owners are willing to rent it back from us at cost until then so our mortgage gets paid and we don't lose any money by breaking our lease early. We're really excited (and scared since it's a huge investment)!
    38.2% FaireFolk pure (61.8% FaireFolk corrupt)

The Tea Wench - #3445

The cup is always half-full; it's just that sometimes it's half-full of empty.
    http://thecrackedcup.wordpress.com

Verbose Veteran daBaroness is a glorious beacon of light daBaroness is a glorious beacon of light daBaroness is a glorious beacon of light daBaroness is a glorious beacon of light daBaroness is a glorious beacon of light daBaroness is a glorious beacon of light daBaroness's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Torra - that's amazing! Congratulations and felicitations to you.

Wenchin' Since the 70s

Baroness d'Livonia, Velvette Duvet, Esther h'Ormone
    MCL #1257

There's a special place in hell for women who don't help other women. ~Madeline Albright

Verbose Veteran MaidenFaeSnow is a name known to all MaidenFaeSnow is a name known to all MaidenFaeSnow is a name known to all MaidenFaeSnow is a name known to all MaidenFaeSnow is a name known to all MaidenFaeSnow is a name known to all MaidenFaeSnow's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by daBaroness View Post
    I've changed the way I view things and people and events - and they're far less angst-ridden than they have been in the past. I'm learning to let go of things I have no chance of making better, but a good chance of making worse - at least for myself.
    Amen sister! A few years ago a lot of hard lessons came my way and I decided to try my best to have the good things in my life, to be a better person and to forgive/let go of/not dwell on the negative things. Another lesson came when someone had the audacity to come down on me in disbelief that I could possibly lead my life that way, but it only made me stronger. Yes, crappy things have still happened to me but I've learned to see them for what they are and keep it in perspective instead of letting them take over. Often times, those who wish to come down on you are doing so not because you are a bad person but because they lack happiness and good things in their own lives. It took me a long time to realize this and to stop beating myself up. I'm so happy you have begun to live in a happier place within yourself, stay strong and keep smiling!
    Grog Wench/Morale Maiden - The Wench's Pride
    Lady Twitch MacGiggle - Clan MacGiggle
    Mischief MacBoom-Official Evidence Collector
    "Tis the Kissing Bridge, not the Birthing Bridge!" So sayeth the Sheriff, So Sayeth Dy
    "ROBOWench" per the Pocket Pirate!
    I was ROGUED! 4.20.08

Handbook Links

I believe that two people can look at the exact same thing and see something totally different. ~inspirational email

Verbose Veteran daBaroness is a glorious beacon of light daBaroness is a glorious beacon of light daBaroness is a glorious beacon of light daBaroness is a glorious beacon of light daBaroness is a glorious beacon of light daBaroness is a glorious beacon of light daBaroness's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

MFS - you're a wise and wonderful woman. Who says getting older is a bad thing - except for the body breaking down part - I love at least the wiser part of the life experience. Hugs to you - you're a beacon of light.

Wenchin' Since the 70s

Baroness d'Livonia, Velvette Duvet, Esther h'Ormone
    MCL #1257

There's a special place in hell for women who don't help other women. ~Madeline Albright

Verbose Veteran WenchLadyKate has a spectacular aura about WenchLadyKate has a spectacular aura about WenchLadyKate has a spectacular aura about WenchLadyKate's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

You guys all make me smile!

Moving day approaches for me. Friday is the big day! Just a little apartment, but it feels like the first step in the right direction. People from all directions keep telling us that we're moving too fast, but we know what we're getting into, and it just feels right. It's just hard hearing it from just about every direction. I should say, every direction except our moms and my friends.
    Move along, nothing to see here...

Member of Local 96 Madame Chatterbox Torra is a jewel in the rough Torra is a jewel in the rough Torra is a jewel in the rough Torra is a jewel in the rough Torra's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by WenchLadyKate View Post
    You guys all make me smile!

Moving day approaches for me. Friday is the big day! Just a little apartment, but it feels like the first step in the right direction. People from all directions keep telling us that we're moving too fast, but we know what we're getting into, and it just feels right. It's just hard hearing it from just about every direction. I should say, every direction except our moms and my friends.
    A new direction, from someone who isn't a close friend: if it feels right and you know what you're getting into, then you're not moving too fast. Speed is relative and don't let other people force you to conform to their timelines. Good luck with your move!
    38.2% FaireFolk pure (61.8% FaireFolk corrupt)

The Tea Wench - #3445

The cup is always half-full; it's just that sometimes it's half-full of empty.
    http://thecrackedcup.wordpress.com

Verbose Veteran WenchLadyKate has a spectacular aura about WenchLadyKate has a spectacular aura about WenchLadyKate has a spectacular aura about WenchLadyKate's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Torra View Post
    A new direction, from someone who isn't a close friend: if it feels right and you know what you're getting into, then you're not moving too fast. Speed is relative and don't let other people force you to conform to their timelines. Good luck with your move!
    Thanks! We've been taking it all with a grain of salt. And for every person that's against it, there's another who isn't. I get their concerns though, I guess they wouldn't be good friends if they didn't say anything at all...
    Move along, nothing to see here...

Gifted with Gab The 6th Rogue will become famous soon enough The 6th Rogue will become famous soon enough The 6th Rogue's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'd like to hit the lottery big already, I need the operational cash to open up the worldwide string of Bed & Breakfasts I plan on owning.
    ...HEY! This isn't the Rogue's board! What the hell am I doing here!?! Stirring up trouble, that's what.

Verbose Veteran Margaret is just really nice Margaret is just really nice Margaret is just really nice Margaret is just really nice Margaret is just really nice Margaret's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by The 6th Rogue View Post
    I'd like to hit the lottery big already, I need the operational cash to open up the worldwide string of Bed & Breakfasts I plan on owning.
    You know - my hubby would like to do that too. Not the world wide chain or anything, but he just wants a B&B type thing where he can putter around and cook and stuff.

For those of you who know Jon: I know!!! Shocked the hell out me too!!
    Mistress Margaret Baynham
    The Sweete Ladye
    IWG #1656 MCL
    SSPF #10 - She Who Dives to the Murky Depths
    Garb Whore #29
    The Fabric Whisperer

At the end of the day, all you have is trust and honor. G. Tenet

Verbose Veteran Ravin' Raven is a glorious beacon of light Ravin' Raven is a glorious beacon of light Ravin' Raven is a glorious beacon of light Ravin' Raven is a glorious beacon of light Ravin' Raven is a glorious beacon of light Ravin' Raven is a glorious beacon of light Ravin' Raven's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret View Post
    You know - my hubby would like to do that too. Not the world wide chain or anything, but he just wants a B&B type thing where he can putter around and cook and stuff.

For those of you who know Jon: I know!!! Shocked the hell out me too!!
    But why do I have a sinking feeling that all of Ron's B&B will make you feel like you're being watched? Most of the moolah will be going to the spy camera systems. And only ladies will be allowed to stay there.
    Ravin' Raven
    Feisty "Bite" MacBoom - Chief Defender of the Clan - Don't Mess With My Girls "in vesta genua"

IWG# 3200 Local 9 Mount Hope Muses
    Ren-Merc #758 (that's right, Battle Bytch!)
    IFRP #1059

She of the evil overbite - AKA "Dy" - so sayeth MFS
    Oh Holy SnorglePod! Youse so fukkin hawt! - so sayeth Phee
    "'tis the kissing bridge, not the birthing bridge!!!" so sayeth the Sheriff

Fire Dragon to the Water Dragon - The joining of water and fire does not quench the fire, it warms the water.

Power is the ability not to have to please

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information