+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Daylight savings thingy

Member of Local 9 Verbose Veteran Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Daylight savings thingy

Quote Originally Posted by WenchLadyKate View Post
    I don't think Arizona participates, I could be wrong though. Anyone know?
    You are correct. My parents live in Surprise, about an hour outside of Phoenix. I'm forever double-checking the time difference when I call them. "Is it two hours or three today? I forget"
    AKA The Grammar Goddess - c/o Ravin Raven
    Wench #2889 MCL... S.S.P.F. #3,Mistress of Oral Fixations... IFRP# 1194, Carpenter's Apprentice (Measurer of Wood) on The Wenches Pride,
    Lusty 'Legs' MacBoom.Mommy of the Clan"in vesta genua"
    Aww, did I just step on your poor, itty-bitty ego?(c/o Absinthe)
    PARENT is a VERB!!! Correlation: The children you have are the ones you raised Ergo: The children you have are the ones you deserve.
    I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. ~Robert A. Heinlein
    "The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it." ~Flannery O'Connor
    What's the point of havin' a rapier wit if I can't use it to stab people?~ Jeph Jacques

Verbose Veteran Bean is a jewel in the rough Bean is a jewel in the rough Bean is a jewel in the rough Bean is a jewel in the rough Bean's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think Indiana varies by county if they participate.
    Bean, the last brunette of the herd
    IWG #2158
    Acting Madame of Vice
    PA Local 9 3/4 (taking over the world, one faire at a time)
    REAP #35
    GWT #27
    Bodice set on stun
    Keeper of the pygmies
    The wandering wench

Verbose Veteran WenchLadyKate has a spectacular aura about WenchLadyKate has a spectacular aura about WenchLadyKate has a spectacular aura about WenchLadyKate's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    I don't wanna play. I think I'm going to take it upon myself to not practice this stupid stupid thing. Daylight savings is really a cult that wants us all to worship the sun.
    Move along, nothing to see here...

Member of Local 9 Verbose Veteran Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oh wow - can you IMAGINE??? Working in one county and living in another, only one of which participates?

That would make me nuts. "N-V-T-S, Nuts!"
    AKA The Grammar Goddess - c/o Ravin Raven
    Wench #2889 MCL... S.S.P.F. #3,Mistress of Oral Fixations... IFRP# 1194, Carpenter's Apprentice (Measurer of Wood) on The Wenches Pride,
    Lusty 'Legs' MacBoom.Mommy of the Clan"in vesta genua"
    Aww, did I just step on your poor, itty-bitty ego?(c/o Absinthe)
    PARENT is a VERB!!! Correlation: The children you have are the ones you raised Ergo: The children you have are the ones you deserve.
    I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. ~Robert A. Heinlein
    "The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it." ~Flannery O'Connor
    What's the point of havin' a rapier wit if I can't use it to stab people?~ Jeph Jacques

Wily Wench MillieWylde is on a distinguished road MillieWylde's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

For a while there it was about the upper half of the state that did not participate. (I have family there.) A lot of them have gone over to one side or the other now, though. (Like Eastern Time or Central Time - no more switchy.) Used to drive ME nutz when I was attending college in VA and my parents lived in northern IN... but then I discovered that they didn't care what time I called, so long as I CALLED ...and I stopped worrying about it!
    Wench #3884
    -----
    "If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together." - Apache saying

Verbose Veteran daBaroness is a glorious beacon of light daBaroness is a glorious beacon of light daBaroness is a glorious beacon of light daBaroness is a glorious beacon of light daBaroness is a glorious beacon of light daBaroness is a glorious beacon of light daBaroness's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

I actually like DST. I just feel more energized when it gets dark later in the day. But I agree we'd be better off to just change the time and keep it that way. It seems pointless to go back and forth - it's just too disruptive to our internal clocks and physiology.

Wenchin' Since the 70s

Baroness d'Livonia, Velvette Duvet, Esther h'Ormone
    MCL #1257

There's a special place in hell for women who don't help other women. ~Madeline Albright

Verbose Veteran Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just found the "history" of DST.

Here's just a snippet:
    "Beginning in 2007, Daylight Saving Time is extended one month and begins for most of the United States at:
    2 a.m. on the Second Sunday in March
    and lasts until
    2 a.m. on the First Sunday of November.

The new start and stop dates were set in the Energy Policy Act of 2005."

I still think we should just set the damn clocks and leave them.
    DST was pretty much set up before people had wonky schedules.
    The only people I personally know effected by DST are farmers who milk on schedule.
    For the rest of us, it's a maor P.I.T.A.

Gifted with Gab The 6th Rogue will become famous soon enough The 6th Rogue will become famous soon enough The 6th Rogue's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

The whole thing should be tossed out the window with rotary phones and black and white TV sets. It's antiquated and pointless.

Then again; it is yet one more distraction to keep us from noticing what the Evil Shadow Government and their Alien Space Bat Masters are actually up to.
    ...HEY! This isn't the Rogue's board! What the hell am I doing here!?! Stirring up trouble, that's what.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information