Hello to all Local 26:
Yesterday at the end of the day at WMRF I met with the Madame and Vice Madame of Local 26 to come to an agreement of some sort. There were many words said, and many decisions made. With that, I will briefly sum up:
1) The Local will stay open.
2) There will be an open election in the spring for Madame and Vice Madame
3) There will be 2 online presences for the Local. The forums for ALL OFFICIAL BUSINESS, and the Facebook Page, for the purpose of getting others involved. Not everyone has a Facebook Account, and we cannot force those who don't to get one. Besides, there are some on the FB page that are not registered wenches yet. They don't need to know official guild business.
4) The three of us have felt that there was A LOT of miscommunication/ misunderstanding involving many events, what was said, what wasn't said, HOW it was said
5) Because of that last part (how it was said), we felt it important that there be a meet and greet. WE HAVE NOT HAD A GET TOGETHER IN THE 2 YEARS SINCE WE STARTED. So much of our communication is done online, and we ALL know that even though we may use emoticons, our intent may not come over as we want it to. The only way we can get to know each other is to have a small little shindig. (MORE INFO ON THIS TO COME)
There were other issues that were brought up, that I don't think needs to be posted, as they were more personal between the Madame and Vice Madame. If they wish to share, they may. If you have any questions, about ANYTHING, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not hesitate to ask either, Mary (Madame), Kat (Vice), or myself (Arbiter and Guild Rep). Use discretion when asking your questions, as I DO NOT WANT A MUDSLINGING WAR started.
NOW, As one last reminder, I give you the Wenches Guild Charter. Please read it to refresh your memories what the Guild is all about. It is important that WE ALL follow it, because if we continue in the manner we are following, there will be such a schism wrought (and it's almost there), that the only option is to close the local.
"We, the undersigned, having put aside our personal differences, are come together to support each other in our belief of a common (but not ordinary) sisterhood of Wenchdom.
We agree to support our sisters with loyalty and honesty. We will not rush to judgement on any issue or person. We will respect each other's views and air any disagreement in an organized, calm and open manner (ie: no screaming, hair-pulling catfights in public places, etc. - no matter WHAT the Rogues might want. Take it behind the bard, ladies…) We agree to (as a group) remain politically neutral, remembering that we are a diverse group holding many different opinions. Our diversity, bound together by a single common ideal, is part of our strength and must be celebrated, NOT trampled into uniformity. The breaking of any of these articles by the undersigned person or persons opens up said persons to possible demotion of expulsion from the Guild."
Can we all put this crap behind us and go back to having fun?