+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Crench in the making...

Brand SPANKIN' New!Local MadameLocal Vice-MadameJusta Bot Jacquotte is an unknown quantity at this point
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default A Crench in the making...

Hi Wanton Women,
    I am brand new to the forum and have not yet joined the Guild but plan on doing so. I guess I am a Crench, that is a cross between a Crone and a Wench. Have been a fan of Faire and have attended them since 1973 (in Agoura, Calif.).
    When I first moved back to CT in 1975, I couldn't find much going on in the way of Faires. So I drifted. Then, 13 years ago I discovered the CT Ren Faire in Woodstock Ct and have been a big fan. This year I have the privilege of volunteering as a "Royal Ambassador" for the CTRF.

I've always had a wenchy wanton wit and I wish I had discovered this group about 30 years ago, when my bust was a 34C, 'cause it's now a 34 Long. I can't even describe what I have to do to create reasonable clevage in a bodice, but it resembles the architectural technique required to hold up the Brooklyn Bridge.

10 years ago I retired from my day job at UConn -- HUZZAH! I was a Director for Information Technology, working about 16 hours a day and about 3 weeks away from a meltdown. I do miss my wonderful staff and students, but I do not miss my job or the administrivia.

I have been involved in animal rescue for many years, and when I retired, I was able to devote even more time to those activities. I work in breed rescue for Old English Sheepdogs in New England, foster, remediation, training re-homing, etc. I have two OES of my own: Zen, a 4 year old 100# male; Sassafras a 13 mo. old 40# demon cur. I also have 3 large rescued parrots and one large rescued ex (a complicated and boring story).

I love many things: People/Friends/Children, Animals, Antiqueing, Auctions, Computer Games, Computer Graphics, Gardening, Reading, Outdoor Sports (some);

Looking forward to getting to know you and maybe even meeting those of you close to CT.

Fritzi a.k.a. Jacquotte Delahay (17th century buccaneer, born in Haiti, known as "back from the dead Red")
    Storrs, CT
    Attached Images

Guild Royalty - Elected Official Verbose Veteran Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle is a glorious beacon of light Ysobelle's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: A Crench in the making...

Oh, welcome, welcome! And can I just say: your dogs look like ENORMOUS amounts of fun! I LOVE Sheepdogs!
    Nikki Cohen
    Mistress Ysobelle
    Madame Cum Laude #111
    Local Madame
    Mount Hope Muses, IWG Local #9
    IWG Guild Representative for the State of PA
    www.MayFaireMoon.com - Corsets & Costumes
    MayFaireMoon.livejournal.com

Brand SPANKIN' New!Local MadameLocal Vice-MadameJusta Bot Phoenix Sol is an unknown quantity at this point
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello, I'm new to local 69. When was CTRF? Also since you mentioned fairies, I'd like to post that Faerie Con Nov4th -6th in Baltimore, MD. Nice to "meet" you.

Wily Wench Vyxen is an unknown quantity at this point Vyxen's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Welcome to the madness!
    Vyxen, the Yuletide Wench
    A Renegade Snowflake, Bodhisattva Babe
    Cassandra in her own right
    Revolvus Solstice Gagglatix of Sarcastica
    IWG #1531, Local 42 MDRF & VARF
    Ren Merc #480, Revel Grove Battalion
    IFRP #104, Three Ravens, Master's Mate