+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can you cleanse your karma?

Hybrid View

Forum Newbie Sheri is an unknown quantity at this point
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Can you cleanse your karma?

Or negative vibes, influences, or whatnot and instead bring only positive things to you?

Hoping you ladies can help because I'm fed up with a situation where my ex always comes out smelling like roses, gets everything he wants and everything goes his way. Meanwhile I'm inconvenienced, I'm left in the dust, everything seems to go wrong and I couldn't win a $1 lottery after spending a million dollars to do so.

Or at least that's the way it seems. I semi-jokingly said it's as if he sold his soul to the Devil for everything to go his way. Twice now he's twisted the truth to authority figures that he gets his way, and it's not right. This last one that he really doesn't or shouldn't have a say in. I know it's possible for someone to put bad mojo on you, how would you know if they did? Because I have to wonder if that's not what's happened.

While I know things are possible I don't know even where to begin to look on how to change things but I know someone here should have advice on where I should start my search. I don't want to go down to the local New Age store and try to explain some of this because it's just so odd that everything, and I mean everything is slated in his favor.

I believe in Karma, but after 15 years I don't think it's ever going to catch up to him. And it has me wondering if I don't have the situation totally screwed up and I'm the one who deserves the bad karma. Sure I've had my share and deserve it, but seriously? This much and him nothing? No, that simply can't be possible.

And if some of this stuff is happening for a reason, I sure as hell wish I knew what that reason was. Because I don't see it. There's no clarity or understanding despite my best efforts. I have always prided myself on being able to see a situation from both sides. In this case, I can't. And it's not just the whole Ex issue.

I'm sitting here brain dead. Trying to figure out how to raise several thousand dollars to hire an attorney to fight this for me because I have nothing left. Not money, and not energy. But he can't win. He needs someone to stand up to him and say it's not right. or at least some major good vibes or something to wash away his influence.

I've fought him alone before, I can do it again. I would just love to know it's an even playing field and there's nothing lurking that shouldn't be lurking.

Madame Chatterbox Lady Laurel will become famous soon enough Lady Laurel will become famous soon enough Lady Laurel's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Can you cleanse your karma?

Hang in there. I know it seems hard but I firmly believe everything happens for a reason. My husbands ex is like yours and I just want to scream about it. What I am learning though is after a while others will see, such as they are now, and the smelling like a rose things fades quickly.
    You can do this stay strong and remember who you are, do the right thing, you will come out better than you could ever imagine.
    Good luck Big Hugs
    Love, Light, and Laughter
    IWG #886
    Nefarious #7 GWT #19
    Proud to be a wench
    Owned and Loved by a Cat.....Meow

Member of Local 9 Verbose Veteran Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

The quickest - and hardest - thing to do to help yourself is to stop feeling negatively towards him. Honey I feel your pain. I could have written your post. My boys' sperm donor always seemed to have the Luck of the Devil, landing on his feet no matter what. It drove me crazy, watching the lies get believed, the reality changed to suit his perspective, all while the boys and I were struggling.

Until one day I realized that some people are just born under a lucky star, and resenting it was simply putting negativity out into the Universe, so that's what was coming back to me. One of the hardest things I ever had to do was let it go. It took an amazing amount of personal strength, (and I'll be honest, sometimes I backslide) but now whenever he starts to damage my calm and threaten my emotional equilibrium, I repeat my mantra: "Let it go, Karma always wins. Let it go, Karma always wins."

It's amazing the change that has had in my own life. Yes, he still has the luck of the devil (see backsliding comment above), but MY life and the good things in it has increased exponentially... and I firmly believe it's because I changed MY perspective.

Light a white candle and focus your energy toward the flame. Find a mantra - feel free to use mine or come up with something else - and repeat it while focusing on the flame, picturing the negativity disappearing, being replaced with positive, good things. I'll light one on your behalf, too.
    AKA The Grammar Goddess - c/o Ravin Raven
    Wench #2889 MCL... S.S.P.F. #3,Mistress of Oral Fixations... IFRP# 1194, Carpenter's Apprentice (Measurer of Wood) on The Wenches Pride,
    Lusty 'Legs' MacBoom.Mommy of the Clan"in vesta genua"
    Aww, did I just step on your poor, itty-bitty ego?(c/o Absinthe)
    PARENT is a VERB!!! Correlation: The children you have are the ones you raised Ergo: The children you have are the ones you deserve.
    I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. ~Robert A. Heinlein
    "The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it." ~Flannery O'Connor
    What's the point of havin' a rapier wit if I can't use it to stab people?~ Jeph Jacques

Forum Newbie Lady Cloake Arroway is an unknown quantity at this point
    Downloads
    Uploads

Light one for me, Lady, cause the struggle is getting harder each day. Am surrounded by negativity, family and loved ones who just suck the joy and positive energy and shovel it into black holes. Today was a day where the weight of the world, ALL things that go wrong, and pain & harm were just dumped upon me...even ice cream and a trip to the bookstore turned into a challenging times.

My new mantra: Tomorrow brings a new gift. Trying hard to look toward the good. Thank you for the post that lets us know we are not alone in sisterhood... - Cloake

Wily Wench Rowen is on a distinguished road Rowen's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Phoenix has it right on the money.
    Letting go of the anger and resentment truly is the hardest thing to do, but the personal peace you gain is commensurate. You don't have to treat him nicely, just kick some grass over the mess and walk away.

I can tell you that much of the 'devil's luck' that my ex enjoyed after our divorce was courtesy of me. As much as I hated him for what he did-I had to accept that I had also made some stupid, naive and never-to-be-repeated mistakes. I embraced my blame, but I didn't embrace his.

On a practical note: I don't know what your situation is, or why you think you might need to spend all that money on a lawyer, but bad decisions (by both parties) can't be unmade, and you may need to compromise if you can't afford to force him to do what you want. Even if you win, you still may not get anything out of it except a big legal bill.
    Do what you can to protect yourself if it will do some good in the long run, but consider that in some cases, actions that you now feel you 'have to' take, only delay the inevitable, and you will be doing this again all too soon.
    You may need to close that book, so that you can start over.
    *hugs*
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

IWG wench #3139 Local #29

19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Forum Newbie Sheri is an unknown quantity at this point
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Ladies. Saw my post pop up again, so figured I'd come back and update the situation. I walked away. I stepped back told him he could have his way IF he gave something in return. He gave me what I wanted so I let him have what he's always wanted. I figured the fight just wasn't worth it. My choice is probably not what many others would have taken, but it's what *I* felt like I had to take. And by doing this step I'm hoping that it will open possibilities further down the road that very well may not have been there had I continued to hold on.

I know my post, and follow up are very vague, but the whole situation is such a mess I don't put it out there to have my choices picked apart. I just love when folks who have never been in your footsteps get all up in your business and tell you how you should have acted, or how they would have. On one hand I'd love to see how they'd react, on the other I never want anyone to go through what I've gone though. So, I don't speak and ask very vague questions when I do need help.

So again, thank you ladies.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information