+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Platforms

Wily Wench Morgan Ravynswood is on a distinguished road Morgan Ravynswood's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Platforms

For those that are running, please post your platforms here by July 31st. Thanks!
    Morgan Ravynswood
    IWG#445
    Local 26 Madame and Guild Rep
    ODK #004~ The Viking Kitten

Wily Wench littlekitty381 can only hope to improve littlekitty381's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Platforms

I am uploading my platform now. I am getting an error. Going to reboot the computer and try again asap.

Thank You.
    Madam Mary
    Founder of IWG Local #26 - The Pacific NorthWest Wenches
    (IWG # 3060 - Madame Cum Laude)
    "Once a Wench, Always a Wench."

'Banned by DM-RBLCheck' Forum Freak Lady Nina will become famous soon enough Lady Nina's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nina Ojeda Local 26 Election Platform

Hi! I am Nina, aka Christina Ojeda and I am running for Vice Madame of Local 26. I think that I can help get a lot accomplished and help to make this local the kind of organization we can all be proud to be a part of. I am a 30 year old mother of 3 with a background in education (I used to teach preschool), and I live in SeaTac WA. I am currently a student and homemaker, as well as doing volunteer work for several organizations. I joined the IWG in 2008, because, well, it sounded like it would be a lot of fun! Whatís not to love about a group of wenches? J I have been attending the WMRF (our Localís home Faire) since 2002, and within recent years have been an active volunteer. I also attend other events when I can (namely Steamcon, June Faire, Alls Faire, the Wenatchee Renaissance Faire, the Steampunk Exhibition Ball, and Geek Girl Con, etc.) and would love to travel to some of the Oregon Faires in the future. I have several goals in mind for this term to ensure the success of our little local, and Iíd like to share them with you.
    Chose a charity or a community service that Local 26 could be a part of.
    Create a positive presence at Renaissance Faires, and Festivals.
    Have a quarterly meet-and-greet/Stich Ďn Bitch.
    Recruit new wenches. :)
    Have lots of fun!
    That said, if at anytime you have any questions for me you are more than welcome to email me at [email protected], PM me here or on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NinaTheGoodWench . I would like to thank you for considering me to be your Vice Madame, and humbly ask that you vote for me this August. Again, Thank you.
    ~Nina

IWG Local 26 Wench #3750

Madame of Vice , Local 26

Nina The Good Wench

"Being a Pirate is all fun and games until someone loses an eye. "

Not short, fun sized! :D

Wily Wench Morgan Ravynswood is on a distinguished road Morgan Ravynswood's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello to my fellow Sisters,
    My name is Maija Henderson, aka "Morgan Ravynswood", aka "Maggie Ravynswood" #445. I am running for Madame of Local 26. As I am fairly new to the area (moved to the great PNW in 2008), I feel I should let you all know who I am, and where I came from before I go into my platform.
    Currently, I am located in East Wenatchee, WA. I teach music (stringed instruments) in Wenatchee. I am originally from Connecticut, and was involved in many Ren Faires throughout New England, including NYRF, the birth place of the Guild. I believe I joined the guild in '96 or '97. I have participated as a Playtron, Performer, Boothie, and as a food vendor. I also helped start up Local 24 (New England).

The qualifications I have to be your Local Madame are:
    * I teach in strings in the public school system. I sometimes have as many as 40 kids in a class. Because of this,l I have the patience of a Saint, and I don't jump to conclusions without hearing the whole story first.
    * I am a team leader for the elementary strings. I have very strong people, communication, and leadership skills.
    * Having helped start up a Local, I know what this local is going through in its infancy. Before I left New England, I saw what a well-running Local is capable of, and I want this one to succeed like that one.
    * Because I have been a REGISTERED member for quite some time (granted, not as long as some), I have a lot of experience of knowing WHAT the guild is about, what is acceptable behaviour, and how much FUN it is to be a wench!

What I want to see the Local do:
    * I would like to see better representation at FAIRES throughout Washington, Oregon and Idaho. There are some questionable events that happen in Washington that I don't think would be an appropriate place to have a banner flying. Remember, we are representing a huge faction of women all across the country. A lot of the locals have done many great things in the name of the Guild, and have given the Guild a great name. I don't want that reputation to be soiled by having our banner flying somewhere, and people getting the wrong idea about who and what we are.
    * I would like to have a Hostel at the Washington Ren Faire next year. It will be a "safe zone" for wenches in the guild to go to in case of emergencies, food, water, and rest. It will also be available for actors and boothies to go to. I have seen this in action at the CTRF, and it's wonderful.
    * With the opening of a hostel, I hope to increase the awareness of the Guild AND the membership of the Wenches AND the Rogues guild. If we get enough of both to attend the faire or other sanctioned events (sanctioned meaning we have been OK'd with Faire Management) we can have Wench Walks! Who doesn't want that?
    * One of the rolls of the Guild is to add to the Faire environment. I want to lead a wonderful group of Strong Women into that type of a roll. Being in the guild should be a positive experience. I want people to WANT to be a member, because they see us as a great group of women, not because someone sees it as a popularity contest.
    * I will work together with my Vice Madame and help support any ideas that she may have in regards to bettering the Guild, and making us a stronger Local.

Please take the time in considering who to vote for your Madame and Vice Madame. The title of "Madame" is a strong title, and I will use it to benefit the Guild and the Lovely Ladies who are part of this Local. I will not use it to benefit myself. I will, as Madame, be here to serve you. I will listen to your ideas of what you want to see the Guild and Local do. I do not view the position as a dictatorship, but as a democracy. We all have a say in what we want to be done with this group.

In conclusion, I have the skills, ability, and desire to make this Local the greatest! I humbly ask you for your support in this election, and I hope you share the same vision that I see when I think about what this group can do. If you have any questions or concerns, I am always available through email, [email protected], or on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/maija.henderson.3. I will be at the Washington Midsummer Renaissance Faire during it's second weekend (Aug 11-12), and I hope to meet some of you then. For those who are running a booth, I will make sure to come see you!
    Morgan Ravynswood
    IWG#445

Downloads
    Uploads

Mary,
    How are you doing with your platform? You shouldn't have to upload anything. Just type it out. The deadline was 12 minutes ago.
    Morgan Ravynswood
    IWG#445

Wily Wench littlekitty381 can only hope to improve littlekitty381's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

I Posted alls faire, Norwescon, (more than once), Seadogs Nights and Gypsy Carnival, and many other events such as Muppet treasure Island (a free event I might add). I'm getting really tired that no one ever listens to me. Anyone can go through the forums and see that I posted all these events and more. My ‘platform’ is to try to run a group without all the backbiting,, backstabbing exclusionary tactics and cyber bullying in their bid to be the biggest fish in their tiny little pond. I'm very tired from all these personal attacks, and I'd really like to give it all up but someone has to stand up against the self entitled bullies to attempt to make a group in which everyone's welcome, even if they're not part of the designated Barbie Club. There have been many slanderous and very nearly libelous remarks and dozens of little snide comments here and there that have done nothing but galvanize my resolve. I will not step down, and from this point forward when anyone asks me why I will tell them in great detail, and I will be naming names. If I am voted out, I'd like to warn my successor that you have just taken command of a little hornets nest and you would be well advised to kiss the appropriate butts, lest you be ostracized as I have been. It's been quite an education; not the education I planned on, but quite an education just the same.

Therefore, the platform that I'm running on is a return to Fairplay and a welcome to all, regardless of whether they're in this little girls’ generals’ club.

So far, the best advise I heard is this:
    The 6th Rogue 06-09-2010 08:35 AM:

“My two cents: When I've had to deal with exclusionary tactics, I just get some people who are interested and organize an open event nearby that all are welcomed to.
    You'd be amazed how doing this a few times leaves all the exclusionists off in their own tiny group… wondering what happened.

That is my current plan; to return our beloved Guild to a state where the events are fun to be at; Where a person can enjoy themselves; An organization where a person is not belittled or witch-hunted because of their own personal beliefs, and/or lifestyle.

Or gather the other wenches who feel the feel the same way same that I do--- organize an open event nearby that all are welcomed to.....leaving all the exclusionists off in their own tiny group… wondering what happened.

Let us not forget that a few of the Local 26 members, DO have personal Adult Fetlife Profiles. And it is their right to have ---- as long as the personal ‘off guild’ activities do not interfere or place The International Wench Guild / Local 26 in a bad light.

My platform may not be the sugar-coat ‘politically correct' thing to say, nor what the voting population wants to hear…. But it is the truth .

Our Guild is in trouble and this juvenile crap needs to stop. Thank you for your time and attention.

PS:

As for the deadline being 12 minutes over, it is amazing on how I posted my post at 11:55 pm, then you both were able to do your posts at exactly 11:59PM, with a minute to spare.

I am pretty sure you both didn't type that online in real time. I am guessing you both had your statements preped in advance and your statement uploaded without a hitch. Mine, wasn't that luckly.
    Last edited by littlekitty381; 08-01-2012 at 03:37 AM.
    Madam Mary
    Founder of IWG Local #26 - The Pacific NorthWest Wenches
    (IWG # 3060 - Madame Cum Laude)
    "Once a Wench, Always a Wench."

Member of Local 9 Verbose Veteran Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit is a splendid one to behold Phoenix McHeit's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

*slow clap*
    AKA The Grammar Goddess - c/o Ravin Raven
    Wench #2889 MCL... S.S.P.F. #3,Mistress of Oral Fixations... IFRP# 1194, Carpenter's Apprentice (Measurer of Wood) on The Wenches Pride,
    Lusty 'Legs' MacBoom.Mommy of the Clan"in vesta genua"
    Aww, did I just step on your poor, itty-bitty ego?(c/o Absinthe)
    PARENT is a VERB!!! Correlation: The children you have are the ones you raised Ergo: The children you have are the ones you deserve.
    I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. ~Robert A. Heinlein
    "The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it." ~Flannery O'Connor
    What's the point of havin' a rapier wit if I can't use it to stab people?~ Jeph Jacques

Generous Benefactor Verbose Veteran Lady Sarah is a name known to all Lady Sarah is a name known to all Lady Sarah is a name known to all Lady Sarah is a name known to all Lady Sarah is a name known to all Lady Sarah is a name known to all Lady Sarah's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wow.

Nothing says 'Vote For Me!' like slapping your local members in the face and calling them insects.

Good Luck - to everyone.
    Lady Sarah Grimm
    Her Grace, Lady Sarah the Edible of Giggleswick under Table

Yup. I'm a Bitch. Thankfully this isn't breaking news.

IWG #2715, Merc #649, REAP #47, SSPF #6 - The Temptress of the Six. AMOK!!
    Free Range Wench!

I... am... Fish Ninja!! (Because Yso said so!)

The Guild of St. Elizabeth I, Gloriana! - God Save the Wardrobe!
    http://armadiodellasignora.blogspot.com/

All Praise The Mighty Rack!
    "Beauty is someone you notice... Charm is someone who notices you." - fortune cookie
    There is no secret ingredient.

Guild Royalty - Elected Official Verbose Veteran Gellis Indigo is a jewel in the rough Gellis Indigo is a jewel in the rough Gellis Indigo is a jewel in the rough Gellis Indigo's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

*facepalm*

Wow. Just...wow.
    Gellis Indigo
    Madame Emeritus of Local 57 - Wenches of All Flavors
    IWG #3410
    Original Raggaminion
    Lost Viking #323
    Sisterhood of the Eternal Cleavage
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." ~ Emerson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Governments tend not to solve problems, only to rearrange them."- Ronald Reagan

Guild Royalty - Elected Official Needs a Hobby Lucy will become famous soon enough Lucy's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wow really?
    ~Lucy~
    Wench #2772 MCL
    Madame Emeritus Local 77
    SSPF#9 - The Official Pickle Provoker - GOT PICKLE?
    Lucy Buckles, Captain of The HMS Crimson Phoenix #1195
    Widow Lucinda Lestrange, Baroness of Devonshire
    High Priestess of the Imperial Order of the Black Butterfly
    Pillar to the Castleteers, 1/2 of the Wicked Sisters, Ette!
    Booty'n Penny
    Knight of Cuchulian
    Ren Merc#788
    Pinned RenGeek
    OCP

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information