+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Possible trip to Bristol in August

Wily Wench Ariyana Dragonwagon is on a distinguished road Ariyana Dragonwagon's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking Possible trip to Bristol in August

Hey my Bristol Wenches,
    Where is everyone hiding these days. There doesn't seem to be much activity here nor in the yahoo group. Do we have a facebook group that I don't recall? I thought with faire going on I would see updates, announcements, info on things going on? Do we still do wench walks? I miss My Bristol wenches!

Anyway, it is looking very possible that I may be making a long overdue trip back to my beloved Bristol in August. (the weekend of the 11th to be exact). Sans Children even!! (Now just to keep me out of the first aid Building this trip!) I think it has been 4 or 5 years since I have been back!

So I am trying to figure out what is going on, who I will see, where the hostel is these days, etc. Advice on places to stay etc will be most welcome as well.

Come on sisters, help hook a wench up!
    Ariyana Dragonwagon, aka Wild Rose Morgan aka Lady Ariyana Silverbrook
    Wench #1457
    http://www.livejournal.com/users/ladyariyana/
    Sin-sational Ari - 1/2 of the Sin Twins
    official LVH viking hugging wench
    \"Queen of Hugs\" thanks JTG
    The Salacious Wench
    One of Charlie's renangels!

Member of Local 34 Madame Chatterbox KissMeKate will become famous soon enough KissMeKate will become famous soon enough KissMeKate's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Possible trip to Bristol in August

HI!!!

We're here, but I do admit there's been a lot of crickets. Our Yahoo Group is defunct for all intents and purposes. All of our group info is now on Facebook and it's been rocking there. But thank you for the reminder that visiting wenches will not be aware of this and we should be posting here as well.

Mischief aka Shari is now our Madame and she's been doing a great job getting the wenches and the faire excited again. The FB group is called IWG Local 34.

Unfortunately, I'll be at a car club event that Saturday as I'm stepping up to a director's position in the group. There's something that Sunday, but as I've been terrible about keeping up with my schedule, I don't remember what it is.

But have fun at Bristol! It's the 25th anniversary and the cast and crew have been putting on quite a show.
    Kiss Me Kate
    Wench #116, MCL

Just thinking about a friend makes you want to do a happy dance, because a friend is someone who loves you in spite of your faults.
    Charles M. Schulz

Member of Local 34 Madame Chatterbox Apropos has a spectacular aura about Apropos has a spectacular aura about Apropos's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

This cricket chirping in!

I know we talked on the MiRF wench group about you coming! Yay. I love visiting wenches.

We no longer are allowed to have hostels at Bristol but our lovely FOF garden is available for wench purposes. Events are planned for every weekend. I am not sure of which game we will be playing, but we will be playing! Our activities include decorating the street for the parade. While the labor isn't fun unless we get minions involved, watching the cast in parade try not to step on the artwork is hilarious. We walk at three but as most of our wenches are shoplocked, I have added another walk around 5:30. It is a slower time and they can get out more.

As for places to stay, look on the Bristol Website for listed hotels. I live close enough to drive back and forth so don't know about such things. But I will put out a missive on the book of faces to see what is recommended.
    Apropos McWadlubet - Local Madame (Not to be confused with Loco Madame)
    IWG #2830
    SSPF #1...If it weren't for the sewers, my mind would be homeless
    Mischief Oh'Malley
    Mis-Chieftress of the Guild of Sain't. Misbehavin'

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1376005641

Wily Wench Vyxen is an unknown quantity at this point Vyxen's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'll be at Bristol on 8/10-11 as this is just after the RESCU Board meeting, and after 3 straight days of meetings, I'm going to need some down time.

Kate! I can't believe I won't be able to see you!

Anyone want to adopt a visiting wench for a couple of hours on Sat or Sun?

Question: Why no hostels allowed at Bristol? I thought the IWG rules called for a mandatory hostel? Has that changed?
    Last edited by Vyxen; 08-02-2012 at 01:30 PM.
    Vyxen, the Yuletide Wench
    A Renegade Snowflake, Bodhisattva Babe
    Cassandra in her own right
    Revolvus Solstice Gagglatix of Sarcastica
    IWG #1531, Local 42 MDRF & VARF
    Ren Merc #480, Revel Grove Battalion
    IFRP #104, Three Ravens, Master's Mate
    Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/a_vyxen_wench/
    FB: Lynda McCann

Member of Local 34 Madame Chatterbox Apropos has a spectacular aura about Apropos has a spectacular aura about Apropos's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

It was a management decision after too many non pass people (not wenches) were walking around where they should not have been. They no longer let non pass people go backstage. They have also changed line up for parade for non pass participants. They must meet the parade after it leaves the line up area. As with everything, too many people abused the privilege and they had to change the rules.

We have a hostel, of sorts, within the FOF garden. Just not one backstage anymore.
    Apropos McWadlubet - Local Madame (Not to be confused with Loco Madame)
    IWG #2830
    SSPF #1...If it weren't for the sewers, my mind would be homeless
    Mischief Oh'Malley
    Mis-Chieftress of the Guild of Sain't. Misbehavin'

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1376005641

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information