+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What does YOUR Christian Grey look like?

Verbose Veteran MaidenFaeSnow is a name known to all MaidenFaeSnow is a name known to all MaidenFaeSnow is a name known to all MaidenFaeSnow is a name known to all MaidenFaeSnow is a name known to all MaidenFaeSnow is a name known to all MaidenFaeSnow's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default What does YOUR Christian Grey look like?

We all get that mental picture of characters in books. Thought I'd share with you what my Christian looks like and here, take a drool cloth too [] []
    159244536795026995_OSVSkiuo_f.jpg
    Grog Wench/Morale Maiden - The Wench's Pride
    Lady Twitch MacGiggle - Clan MacGiggle
    Mischief MacBoom-Official Evidence Collector
    "Tis the Kissing Bridge, not the Birthing Bridge!" So sayeth the Sheriff, So Sayeth Dy
    "ROBOWench" per the Pocket Pirate!
    I was ROGUED! 4.20.08

Handbook Links

I believe that two people can look at the exact same thing and see something totally different. ~inspirational email

Local 26 Forum Freak Brigid is on a distinguished road Brigid's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What does YOUR Christian Grey look like?

I hasn't read it yet :( it might be on my reading list, but I have a huge backlog at the moment with grad school having started. Is it worth reading, Should I bump it to the front of my reading list??? I've heard very mixed reviews on it.

Madame Chatterbox DoņaNina is on a distinguished road DoņaNina's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Brigid View Post
    Is it worth reading, Should I bump it to the front of my reading list??? I've heard very mixed reviews on it.
    Not unless you can stand such brilliant literary gems as...

“Does this mean you’re going to make love to me tonight, Christian?” Holy shit. Did I just say that? His mouth drops open slightly, but he recovers quickly.
    “No, Anastasia it doesn’t. Firstly, I don’t make love. I fuck… hard. Secondly, there’s a lot more paperwork to do, and thirdly, you don’t yet know what you’re in for. You could still run for the hills. Come, I want to show you my playroom.”

“I want you sore, baby,” he murmurs, and he continues his sweet, leisurely torment, backward, forward.

He's naked except for those soft ripped jeans, top button casually undone. Jeez, he looks so freaking hot.

Member of Local #42
    Lady Loudmouth of the Cracked Keg Crew!

Madame Chatterbox Gemdrite is a name known to all Gemdrite is a name known to all Gemdrite is a name known to all Gemdrite is a name known to all Gemdrite is a name known to all Gemdrite is a name known to all Gemdrite's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Brigid, everyone's opinion is different. Personally, I loved the books. I'm thinking about reading them again. Amusingly, I read them because people were raving about how extreme they were. I wanted to see how they compared to other things I've read (I've read much worse, lol.) But I kept reading them not just for the sex, but also the psychology. I love the analysis of 8why* Christian is the way he is, and it isn't a boring exposition, it's written throughout the books like it would be if you were really getting to know somebody.

Although, I can't post a picture of my Christian, because I didn't really think of anybody that really exists (that I know of, anyways.) In any event, even if you decide you don't care for them, they are a *quick* read. It doesn't take long to fly through them.
    "For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"What is faith? Is it to believe that which is evident? No. It is perfectly evident to my mind that there exists a necessary, eternal, supreme, and intelligent being. This is no matter of faith, but of reason." -Voltaire

Independent Scentsy Consultant - Scentsy Wickless Candles - https://gemdrite.scentsy.us/

Verbose Veteran MaidenFaeSnow is a name known to all MaidenFaeSnow is a name known to all MaidenFaeSnow is a name known to all MaidenFaeSnow is a name known to all MaidenFaeSnow is a name known to all MaidenFaeSnow is a name known to all MaidenFaeSnow's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sometimes a "brain dead" read is just FUN. That's why I read them. Yes, some of the things Anastasia says drove me nuts, but overall they were quick and fun to read and then I passed them on. Some folks don't like them, some do. That's okay.
    "Tis the Kissing Bridge, not the Birthing Bridge!" So sayeth the Sheriff, So Sayeth Dy
    I was ROGUED! 4.20.08

Handbook Links

I believe that two people can look at the exact same thing and see something totally different. ~inspirational email

Madame Chatterbox DoņaNina is on a distinguished road DoņaNina's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Didn't mean to offend, my apologies. I'm a member of the "KILL IT WITH FIRE" group of literary nerds when it comes to the 50 Shades and Twilight series and sometimes our joking can turn into an all-out ranting bitch-fest.

All that being said, I hear Emma Watson wouldn't say no to playing the main character!
    Member of Local #42
    Lady Loudmouth of the Cracked Keg Crew!

Member of Local 77 Wily Wench Pearl_Fox is an unknown quantity at this point Pearl_Fox's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenFaeSnow View Post
    Sometimes a "brain dead" read is just FUN. That's why I read them. Yes, some of the things Anastasia says drove me nuts, but overall they were quick and fun to read and then I passed them on. Some folks don't like them, some do. That's okay.
    I agree, a "brain dead" read can be nice for times you just do not want to think. I have to say I tried reading 50 Shades and just couldn't get into it, so I've put it away for now will probably try to read it again at a later point.

I am one of those that if a book has such varied opinions on it that I want to read it for myself.
    Wench #2279
    Madame of Local 77
    Privateer #1498
    Captain and PMS of the Foxes Den
    "Flirting is conversational chemistry." Isaac Mizrahi

Wily Wench Saucy Sue is an unknown quantity at this point Saucy Sue's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have read the whole trilogy and I enjoyed them. I was curious because of everything that was being said on the news. It wasn't as hard core as I was expecting. Some of the dialogue from Ana did drive me crazy but when you stop and remember she is only 21 when they first meet, it makes more sense.

Downloads
    Uploads

Part that drove me nuts the most? Calling it My Sex. What?!?!?!?! LOL!
    I was ROGUED! 4.20.08

Handbook Links

Madame Chatterbox Gemdrite is a name known to all Gemdrite is a name known to all Gemdrite is a name known to all Gemdrite is a name known to all Gemdrite is a name known to all Gemdrite is a name known to all Gemdrite's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

For me, it was the "Inner Goddess" comments. "My inner goddess this, my inner goddess that." I was like, okay, we get it, enough already!

DonaNina, I wasn't offended, and I apologize if it came across that way. I've read many "kill it with fire" rants, and many "omgee best book ever!" raves, so I was just pointing out that really, she isn't going to get a consensus of opinions, that's all. It's why I used her name, to purposely show that I wasn't responding to your post but hers, but maybe it made it seem like I was upset.

That being said, as much as I love to read, most of my reads are "brain dead" reads. I spend all day teaching, and I read tons of educational material and magazines and things, so when I am reading for fun, I don't want to *have* to think if I don't want to. I read a book like most people watch tv, lol.
    "For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"What is faith? Is it to believe that which is evident? No. It is perfectly evident to my mind that there exists a necessary, eternal, supreme, and intelligent being. This is no matter of faith, but of reason." -Voltaire

Independent Scentsy Consultant - Scentsy Wickless Candles - https://gemdrite.scentsy.us/

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information