+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Meet & Greet Recap part one: Activities

Wily Wench Saphyne is an unknown quantity at this point Saphyne's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Meet & Greet Recap part one: Activities

Hello local 69ers!

Thank you to everyone who showed up to the Meet & Greet on Sunday. It was wonderful to talk with all of you and to see some new faces, older faces, and to put those faces with names! For fair warning, I am terrible with names and may very well not remembers yours when I see you again. Please do not take it personally! I'm just very forgetful when it comes to that.

For those of you who couldn't attend due to booth or other commitments, Avhi and I are both sorry you couldn't make it. Hopefully, you will be able to make it to one of the other activities we have planned this season. For your benefit, and as a recap for those where were there, this is the summary.

WEEKLY WENCHLY WORKSHOPS:
    We will be having Weekly Wenchly Workshops at 12:30 every Sunday at NYRF in the Guild Hall next to Lundegaard. A schedule has been posted by Avhi in another thread. We have one weekend, however, that is topicless, so if you have ideas, please please please email them to us at madam69 AT saphyne DOT com and vice69 AT saphyne DOT com. If any of the topics we have planned are of great interest to you, come and learn. If the topics are something you have much knowledge of, please come and help with the teaching! These are intended to be discussions more than "lessons" We want everyone to have fun and be involved!

Un-FAIRE:
    We will be coming up with Wench get togethers throughout the off-season. I cannot say how frequent they will be, nor where, but Avhi and I can work that out once the season is over. If the Weekly Wenchly Workshops (WWW) go over well, perhaps we will continue that over the winter on a less frequent basis. If you have ideas, let us know!

LOCAL 69 WELCOME WAGON:
    We'd like to set up a group of volunteers to be the Local 69 Welcome Wagon (name in progress). That means that you will take visiting wenches around faire site, show them where all of the important things are (like the stages, the privies, the joust field, the eateries, and, of course, Lundegaard, Fellowship Foundry and Lady Gaea Pottery). There are no requirements at this time. You do not have to spend the entire day with the visitors, just welcome them, give a brief overview of your faire site, and then send them off. We will need someone to head this group as well. Volunteers should be wenches who do not work at Faire or wenches who work only one day per weekend. More on this when details are hammered out. In the meantime, if you would like to volunteer, please send an email to Avhi and myself (at the emails listed above)

WENCH WALKS:
    Every Saturday, muster at 12:15 by Fellowship Foundry WALKS WILL LEAVE PROMPTLY at 12:30
    We went over a few of the Wench Walk Rules:
    • DO NOT go into booths as a crowd. If there is a target in a booth, ONE person can go in and fetch them.
      DO NOT block traffic into and out of booths with wenchings. Take the target to an open space.
      DO take no for an answer. If the target says no once, you may ask them ONE MORE TIME. If they say no again, thank them in a polite and complimentary manner. (i.e. 'Tis a shame. We were so looking forward to kissing you) If the answer is "no, I have a lady", do not press him.
      DO ask the woman he is with first. Even if they do not look like they are together, they still may be. Better safe than sorry here, ladies.
      DO NOT kiss the man below the neck or on the lips (unless he is your SO).
      DO NOT grab any part of his anatomy. You don't want guys coming up to you and grabbing your breasts, so don't grab his package (This applies all of the time, not just on wench walks)
      DO wear a skirt and a head covering, even if it is only for the walk

AFTERNOON NOISE PARADE
    The Wenches Guild will have a presence at the Noise Parade, thanks to Dr. Crossbones McCoy! Gather at 3:45 (I think) behind the Joust Field(I think). Someone should first go to Lundegaard and grab the guild banner. If you are feeling overly generous, you can feel free to grab the Lady Gaea or Lundegaard banners to march around with :D. The parade winds around to the Chess Board and they sing "God Save the Queen" (tune of My Country 'Tis of Thee) with made up verses. Clearly, I don't have ALL of the facts. Crossbones, would you please be so kind as to reply to this and correct me? Thank you much. NOTE: This is NOT a wench walk. No targeting. No Roll Your Leg Over. No kidding.

More recap in Part 2 (the un-fun post: rules). This is getting long.
    Saphyne
    IWG #1525
    REAP #1; The Crown Princess; The Dainty Dozen
    Safiye Hatun bint Tafante bint Hafisi bint Ali MacKenzie of the Flirts of Fancie
    www.flirtsoffancie.com

www.saphyne.com

Wily Wench Crossbones is an unknown quantity at this point Crossbones's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Saph

Noise parade LEAVES from behind Roselawn (joustfield) at 3:40. You can start gathering at 3:30. Bring your banners! If you have noise makers or instruments - bring-em!

We sing "God Save the Queen" (my country tis of thee) and make up lyrics.

Make up line (my country tis of thee)
    Make up line (sweet land of liberty)
    God Save the Queen
    Make up line
    Make up line
    God Save the Queen

Just tag on to the end of the parade.

Yay
    Prepare to be boarded

\"bet you like my thingy\" -- Happy Bunny

Wily Wench Morgana is on a distinguished road Morgana's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm sooooo jealous of all that talk about Wenchwalks :( ! I wished I would live in the US !
    Morgana " The Dutch Wench "

IWG # 3133
    Madame Cum Laude
    Local 222

Member of Local 69 Forum Newbie Atheonae is on a distinguished road
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking Re: Meet & Greet Recap part one: Activities

Perhaps this is a silly question, but I must ask anyway... Where is all of this located? I have been a member for some time and I was actually unaware of any meet and greet places. I am starting to get the hang of this forum business so I am finding all sorts of things out but I was curious as to where these meet and greets take place.

Also, Since I am under the impression that local 69ers like myself are found in NY (??) I would like to invite you all that are close enough to come and meet in Long Island for a faire being held at Long Island University. There is no cover and it is open to everyone, but especially you! I hope it is not too forward of me to ask all this but I guess I am just trying to catch my bearings in the forums. Thanks for your time

Atheonae

Forum Newbie Chrisn is an unknown quantity at this point
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Meet & Greet Recap part one: Activities

Crossbones, those required lyrics work. classic. that will be great! I hope i find you guys this year. (i mis every year)

Chris

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information