+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Meet & Greet Recap part two: Rules & Expectations

Wily Wench Saphyne is an unknown quantity at this point Saphyne's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Meet & Greet Recap part two: Rules & Expectations

Picking right up where we left off, this is the heavy part of the recap.

Rules and Expectations:
    1. Any behavior that would reflect badly on your fellow wenches, the guild name, Lundegaard Armory, or Lars himself should be avoided at all costs while you are wearing your pin or displaying your membership in the guild (as in a sig line on a forum, also, if you have stated that you are a member of the guild). (see section 3.a)

1.a. I realize that this should be obvious, however, due to some specific cases, I feel the need to spell this out. As above, if you are identifying yourself as a Wench (in a sig line on a forum, sig line in email, wearing your pin, or simply stating that you are a member of the guild) Do Not make any remarks about Lundegaard that are disparaging, most especially in a public forum where non-rennies & non-guild members are around. Most people know that the Guilds are owned by Lundegaard and, therefore, Lars. By bad-mouthing the company, you are essentially taking money from his pocket by telling people not to buy from him. And in all honesty, why would you want to be associated (via your membership in the guild) with a company that you can't stand?

2. If you have a problem with the guild, the leadership, another wench, your toilet, your email, your cat... anything, really, you are NOT to go to Lars. That is what the local and guild Madames are for. As far as official function, Lars is the scribe. Any problem he needs to know about, we can tell him. He is a VERY busy man and does not have time for petty problems. I'm serious about this, folks. I don't want to hear that you went to Lars with a problem that could have been solved at a guild level (local or national, see below)

2.a. If a problem arises, please follow the chain of command. That means, take the problem to Avhi and/or myself first. If we cannot solve it, or if the problem is with us (it happens, you know), you can see the Grande Madame and the Madame of Vice. Those of us at NYRF are very lucky in that they are on our faire site; Kathy aka Toosha, the Madame of Vice, is usually found at Lundegaard. Joannie, the Grande Madame, will be at Bullseye every other weekend.

2.b. Taken directly from this very website:
    (http://wench.org/about/electoral.php)
    Grievances:
    It is preferable that a controversy or grievance among Wenches be settled at the local level AFTER HOURS. However, if an issue cannot be effectively resolved, appeals can be brought up the chain of authority first to the Local Madame, then the Regional Council, the Privvy Council, Scribe, VM, GM and finally the Grande Prive. But, please, try to work things out amongst yourselves first. And play nice."
    (You can come to us during faire hours at Lady Gaea's booth, but please be considerate if we are helping customers.)

3. That being said, we are all adults. You should be able to police yourselves adequately. Please act with dignity. Know the line between Bawdy and Lewd. Double entendres are your friends. We both sincerely hope that we will not have to deal with any disciplinary issues during our run here.

3.a. Taken directly from this very website:
    (http://wench.org/about/electoral.php)
    Disciplinary Action
    If a Guild Member sees fit to behave in such an inconsiderate, foolish manner as to embarrass and disgrace the International Wenches Guild, she has 3 Strikes: Warning, Suspension & Expulsion. On the Local level (particularly on a Faire/Festival site), a decision on disciplinary action must be made by a Quorum of 3 ranking Members (Local Madame, Lieutenant Madame, Dame, Arbiter, and local or visiting MCLs/Madames) After all, the IWG is about fun, but NOT a shield for drunken debauchery and irresponsible behavior in public. If a member wanted that kind of life, she'd join the League of Dionysus and get it over with.
    Reasons for disciplinary action:
    • 1. Unreasonable Insubordination
      2. Breaking a REAL law (Theft, Larceny, Assault, Murder, Soliciting YES,
      Soliciting)
      3. Narcotics Possession/Dealing
      4. Public Drunken Behavior
      5. Nudity in front of Faire/Festival Management
      6. Under-Age Alcohol Drinking
      7. Public Sexual Displays higher that PG(-13)
      8. Continued Bearing False Witness (spreading of malicious untruths that
      cause disharmony amongst the Guild)
    4. Kilt Checks: NO GRABSIES! The "official" way to kilt check is to take your thumb and run it down the outside of the kilt from the hip. You are feeling for underwear lines, not checking the wearer's religion.

5. We aren't kidding. Rules will be enforced.

6. We expect you to see us whenever you need us, for anything. Seriously. Even for good reasons. You have an idea? GREAT! We'd love to chat about it. We can't promise to back every idea, but we do promise to do what we can within the limits of the rules of the guild and our own schedules.
    Saphyne
    IWG #1525
    REAP #1; The Crown Princess; The Dainty Dozen
    Safiye Hatun bint Tafante bint Hafisi bint Ali MacKenzie of the Flirts of Fancie
    www.flirtsoffancie.com

www.saphyne.com

Wily Wench Saphyne is an unknown quantity at this point Saphyne's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

I should mention, since I forgot when I made the original post, that SOME of the official rules have changed from what is listed on this site. However, I ahve been unable to get my hands on a new copy of the Brown Book, so I don't know what the changes are... therefore, we'll go with what we have until I get the new rules.

Also, I realize that there is a discrepancy between what I said is the chain of command and what the official rules say.

Local Madame, then the Regional Council, the Privvy Council, Scribe, VM, GM and finally the Grande Prive

However, since, as far as I'm aware, there IS no Regional Council, Privvy Council or Grand Prive, and given the fact that Lars is a busy man, the chain of command for local 69 is:

Local Madame/Local Vice Madame ---> Guild Madame of Vice ---> Grand Madame. The Grand Madame will consult with Lars if necessary. Yes, I already spoke with the Grand Madame about this. Yes, she agrees. Lars will be involved at a lower level for issues relating to Guild Packets (book, certificate, etc.) and Guild Numbers; things that are in the realms of the Scribe duties. He is also the "Impartial Counter" of votes in elections.

I hope this clears my original post up a bit. Please feel free to PM, reply here or email me with any questions or concerns.
    Saphyne
    IWG #1525
    REAP #1; The Crown Princess; The Dainty Dozen
    Safiye Hatun bint Tafante bint Hafisi bint Ali MacKenzie of the Flirts of Fancie
    www.flirtsoffancie.com

www.saphyne.com

Forum Newbie KamGlulp is an unknown quantity at this point
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Meet Greet Recap part two Rules Expectations

Yeah I saw that. And yep I know you will be there. I just wanted to personally put out an invitation to my home and see what happens. You know why I posted this ....if you just think about it. no response necessary So Mark and all the fine members here, come an see me.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information