+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tent/Pavilion Hostel HELP

Wily Wench Morgan Ravynswood is on a distinguished road Morgan Ravynswood's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Tent/Pavilion Hostel HELP

Hello my lovely ladies
    Since we are now welcome on faire site, we will be given some space to put up a tent/pavilion ON SITE. WOOT! This is a huge step for our local! Amy ( the director) has told me that if we want 10x10, that would be fine, or even more for shade and safe space. The only thing that she doesn't like is the idea of a pop-up, and sometimes even with a lot of help, the pop-up doesn't cut it. Soooo I'm starting to look into plans for a tent-y type of a thing. But, oh my gosh, the $$$$ involved. Yikes!
    I found a couple of really cool websites on how to convert a pop-up into a really nice tent/pavilion, and I think I want to try it out. http://medievalfantasiesco.com/ModifiedMerchants.htm

Some of the designs are pretty cheesy and look cheap. I would like to take a pop-up, cover the top with fabric ( as close to period as we can get), and maybe have 2 together, so one can be where we can hang out, the other can be closed off and have a cot or 2 if people need to lay down out of the sun. Or, there can be one pop-up with a big cool awning attached to it, for more shade. We all know how hot that field can get!

So start your creative juices flowing, look around for rugs, extra fabric, chairs that are period (or coverings to make a chair look period) and maybe in the spring we can get together and set it up at someone's house to see how it would look. We could then send a pic of it to Amy for approval. She did say if the coverings were kick-ass, she would ok a pop-up!

Sound like an idea?

This is going to be a great year at faire! I can feel it!
    Morgan Ravynswood
    IWG#445
    Local 26 Madame and Guild Rep
    ODK #004~ The Viking Kitten

Wily Wench Morgan Ravynswood is on a distinguished road Morgan Ravynswood's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Tent/Pavilion Hostel HELP

Challenge for you Ladies,
    Start looking around your home or visiting the thrift stores, and pinterest for things you would like to add to our hostel. Rugs, coverings, tables, chairs, cool ways to disguise coolers, anything and everything. Period look a must! Nina and I are working on putting together an Open House in March/April where we can start putting together the hostel and invite ladies that are thinking about joining the guild. Even if you bring a sewing machine and fabric to decorate, that would be awesome!
    Morgan Ravynswood
    IWG#445
    Local 26 Madame and Guild Rep
    ODK #004~ The Viking Kitten

Forum Freak Eadie is on a distinguished road
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Tent/Pavilion Hostel HELP

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Ravynswood View Post
    Challenge for you Ladies,
    Start looking around your home or visiting the thrift stores, and pinterest for things you would like to add to our hostel. Rugs, coverings, tables, chairs, cool ways to disguise coolers, anything and everything. Period look a must! Nina and I are working on putting together an Open House in March/April where we can start putting together the hostel and invite ladies that are thinking about joining the guild. Even if you bring a sewing machine and fabric to decorate, that would be awesome!
    Having a booth, I have found that largish pieces of fabric are my friend - for covering coolers and disguising chairs and what not. Also, you might consider hanging a curtain like we do in the booth - separating public and private so you don't have to hide everything as long as you keep it behind the curtain.

Also, they do have those cool popups that have a wrought iron look to the legs with vines on them and such - for the garden is probably the original purpse. Saves having to cover a pop up - did that and it took a lot of fabric and a lot of time. Looked good, but the extra weight of the covering I made also put too much stress on the joints of the pop up and it aged much quicker than it should have. That's why we got away from pop ups all together for our booth.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information