+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What do you find to be the most aggravating at a faire?

Member of Local 64 Forum Freak LadyStacy is an unknown quantity at this point
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What do you find to be the most aggravating at a faire?

I was just thinking of an interesting story of what happened when a 'touchy feely' guy went too far.

My daughter knows of a young woman that went out for the evening with some friends. They stopped at a bar and this one guy kept up his 'touchy feely' routine. He would grab the butt of this one young lady. She told him to stop. He didn't. She warned him, in a stronger tone, to stop. He didn't. She then took action and with little effort had him lying flat on his back in the middle of the bar.

Moral: Don't mess with a young lady that is a Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do.

This Neanderthal didn't bother her any more after that.

I just love this story. I just wish there was a video of it.

Lady Stacy

Verbose Veteran MaidenFaeSnow is a name known to all MaidenFaeSnow is a name known to all MaidenFaeSnow is a name known to all MaidenFaeSnow is a name known to all MaidenFaeSnow is a name known to all MaidenFaeSnow is a name known to all MaidenFaeSnow's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

While I have experienced the BS of the a-hole patrons who think faire is nothing short of a beer and boob fest, I have found that this is the exception to the rule. The most annoying thing I have come across is one guy yelling at me, "HEY YOU! My girl wants to take your picture!!" Really?? Um, no. If you asked nice, or even in a quieter voice than shouting at me like I have a responsibility to stop for your picture I might have obliged.

Faire is fun, especially when you surround yourself with friends who only enhance your experience.

If you go into it with the attitude of what the hell am I getting myself into, you might just get it.
    Grog Wench/Morale Maiden - The Wench's Pride
    Lady Twitch MacGiggle - Clan MacGiggle
    Mischief MacBoom-Official Evidence Collector
    "Tis the Kissing Bridge, not the Birthing Bridge!" So sayeth the Sheriff, So Sayeth Dy
    "ROBOWench" per the Pocket Pirate!
    I was ROGUED! 4.20.08

Handbook Links

I believe that two people can look at the exact same thing and see something totally different. ~inspirational email

Generous Benefactor Verbose Veteran Lady Sarah is a name known to all Lady Sarah is a name known to all Lady Sarah is a name known to all Lady Sarah is a name known to all Lady Sarah is a name known to all Lady Sarah is a name known to all Lady Sarah's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

MFS hit the nail on the head - if you go into it expecting some sort of trouble, you'll find it. AND, you're in the wrong place. I've never had the issues described here. Well, I've been grabbed, but they were asking for pictures and usually it was a grab on the shoulder or upper arm. If anyone's grabbed one of the tails I used to wear, it was only a friend that did it. And only one guy's put his hand down my cleavage and that was at my invitation.

Being a Wench isn't about boobs and whatnot - it's about confidence and self-actualization. If you've the mindset of 'what am I getting myself into', you're in the wrong place.
    Lady Sarah Grimm
    Her Grace, Lady Sarah the Edible of Giggleswick under Table

Yup. I'm a Bitch. Thankfully this isn't breaking news.

IWG #2715, Merc #649, REAP #47, SSPF #6 - The Temptress of the Six. AMOK!!
    Free Range Wench!

I... am... Fish Ninja!! (Because Yso said so!)

The Guild of St. Elizabeth I, Gloriana! - God Save the Wardrobe!
    http://armadiodellasignora.blogspot.com/

All Praise The Mighty Rack!
    "Beauty is someone you notice... Charm is someone who notices you." - fortune cookie
    There is no secret ingredient.

Generous Benefactor Verbose Veteran Lady Sarah is a name known to all Lady Sarah is a name known to all Lady Sarah is a name known to all Lady Sarah is a name known to all Lady Sarah is a name known to all Lady Sarah is a name known to all Lady Sarah's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

As to the topic "What do I find to be the most aggravating at faire?"

The idiots that think bodices are meant to be laced up so tight that one cannot breathe and that tits are supposed to be a deep breath away from indecent exposure; the idiots that treat Faire as their own private public orgy, not the family show that it's supposed to be, or that we, as bodiced up Wenches are nothing but sluts putting on a show. We're sexy, yes, but not because we put our assets on display. We are there to enjoy ourselves, not to be your spank bank material (unless that is our choice and we're willing participants), and we, generally, know where that line is and when to and when not to cross it.
    Lady Sarah Grimm

Free Range Wench!

"Beauty is someone you notice... Charm is someone who notices you." - fortune cookie

Downloads
    Uploads

Lady Sarah,

Thank you for the clarification that I needed. I am a newbie
    and have little experience of being a wench at a Faire.

Some of the stories in this forum, and in private messages, first led me to believe that some behavior was not what was expected at a family friendly event. My comment was a knee-jerk reaction to some of these stories. I now understand that these stories were the few exceptions to the normal fun that everyone experiences.

I started this discussion to get some activity going in these forums. In doing so some responses. were pointing out the possible worst behavior they experienced. I need to have remembered that these were, by far, the exceptions.

Since then I have come to realize that faires are not the 'beer and boob' fests that some had fitst made me think they were.

You have made clearer my understanding of what goes on and that some of these advances were by 'invitation-only'.

Thank you all for your help on this matter. I do believe that I know what I'm getting myself into and I am confident that it is nothing more than a fun time for all.

Lady Stacy

Downloads
    Uploads

Stacy,

We all have different experiences. There are always going to be assholes, no matter the setting. My height and size tends to put people off of randomly grabbing me. And there is no one definition of Wench. No one can say what it is to BE a Wench, we just know it when we see it. Alternatively, we do know what it is NOT. You're still new and we all were there once upon a time. It's a learning curve and you'll get there.
    Lady Sarah Grimm

Free Range Wench!

Downloads
    Uploads

Lady Sarah,

Thank you for your words that help me understand what this is all about. I have always felt the need to do this and I'm finally getting around to it. I am finding that the only regret of doing certain things in life is that I waited too long to do them.

I can understand that certain 'size' can compel others to make you the target of random grabbing but I can't help but wonder how your 'height' can be a factor.

I guess it is like you said ... It's a learning curve.

I can just imagine myself at my first faire, the tall gal with eyes wide open looking so confused and probably tripping on her skirt (I'm not used to wearing long skirts). Yep! That will be me, big and clumsy. As you've said, you've all been there so PLEASE be patient with me.

Thanks to all for your help.

Lady Stacy

Verbose Veteran Margaret is just really nice Margaret is just really nice Margaret is just really nice Margaret is just really nice Margaret is just really nice Margaret's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by LadyStacy View Post
    I started this discussion to get some activity going in these forums. In doing so some responses. were pointing out the possible worst behavior they experienced. I need to have remembered that these were, by far, the exceptions.
    Lady Stacy
    Sugar, if you FLAT OUT ASK what aggravates us at faire, that is the type of answers you are going to get. So, don't become a quivering little flower when you get the horror story type answers.
    Last edited by Margaret; 01-28-2013 at 04:32 PM. Reason: spelling correction (no one is suprised)
    Mistress Margaret Baynham
    The Sweete Ladye
    IWG #1656 MCL
    SSPF #10 - She Who Dives to the Murky Depths
    Garb Whore #29
    The Fabric Whisperer

At the end of the day, all you have is trust and honor. G. Tenet

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by LadyStacy View Post
    Lady Sarah,

I can understand that certain 'size' can compel others to make you the target of random grabbing but I can't help but wonder how your 'height' can be a factor.

Lady Stacy
    Sweetie, I'm 6'1. Most guys are right at my height or just short of it. They're either impressed or terrified.
    Lady Sarah Grimm

Free Range Wench!

Downloads
    Uploads

The worst of the horror stories may not be for the faint of heart but I get the impression that most gals here have seen/experienced this and they still return. Don't you worry about me and these events as I can take care of myself ;) Trust me on this ... I have never been, or ever will be, a quivering little flower.

I had a remark earlier in this discussion and I was just commenting on a reply to my remark. I'll have to admit that the stories are quite interesting and, hopefully, all harmless.

I am a newbie here and I did ask for input and boy, did I get input. While some were sent privately many appeared in this forum. The visitors to these faires seem no different than those at other events (football games, NASCAR, ...) where most people behave themselves. It only takes a couple of a-holes to mess things up.

I know this isn't Disneyland and it also isn't Sodom and Gomorrah. Hopefully, these are all fun-filled places where we can go and enjoy, and to return again and again.

I think we've covered the rhelm of ill behaved guys with a 7th grade mentality. So, the question still remains, what else irks you ladies about the faires? Anything else? Everyone thrilled with the spotlessly clean restrooms/porta-potties (I figured that this can get some discussions going)?

BTW - What do most gals do when it rains. OK, first guess is to get wet. Besides that?

Only 15 weeks to go until I get to the Georgia Ren Fest where I go as a wench and no longer a simple visitor.

Can't wait.

Thanks all for your comments and input. I love them all.

Lady Stacy

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information