+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Non-European Garb

Forum Newbie The_Red_Lass is an unknown quantity at this point
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Non-European Garb

I've been noticing an increase in garbs inspired by Indian and Arabic culture. Does anyone out there have any patterns or examples?

Verbose Veteran Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench is just really nice Buxom Wench's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Non-European Garb

If I'm picturing what you mean, you might try www.holyclothing.com for some ideas. They have skirts, full pants that look like skirts, dresses, tops, etc... I own quite a few pieces but haven't used any as garb.

Forum Newbie The_Red_Lass is an unknown quantity at this point
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Buxom Wench View Post
    If I'm picturing what you mean, you might try www.holyclothing.com for some ideas. They have skirts, full pants that look like skirts, dresses, tops, etc... I own quite a few pieces but haven't used any as garb.
    I've seen them before. Their stuff is nice and I could see using some of it, but it still feels largly European and Renaissance inspired. I'm looking for things more like middle eastern (Arabic, Persian, Indian) inspired or asia (China, Japan, Korea). Especially if anyone can find patterns for plus size women. My wife got a pattern for a ghawazee coat and it's lovely on her but like 3 sizes too small for me so I'm working on fixing that.

Verbose Veteran Margaret is just really nice Margaret is just really nice Margaret is just really nice Margaret is just really nice Margaret is just really nice Margaret's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

You can also try Folkwear Patterns. They used to have more of a selection of patterns in the Arabic style than they do now. Also here: http://store.reconstructinghistory.c...s/eastern.html

You will find a nice selection of patterns for men and women there and RH patterns are pretty easy to work with.
    Mistress Margaret Baynham
    The Sweete Ladye
    IWG #1656 MCL
    SSPF #10 - She Who Dives to the Murky Depths
    Garb Whore #29
    The Fabric Whisperer

At the end of the day, all you have is trust and honor. G. Tenet

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information